Solved

Select Custom Matrix Data Object as data source in Rule Setup

I created a custom Matrix Data Object called "Order Summary".  I can load data to it under Setup Action in my rule, but I can't select it as the data source of another rule under Rule Setup.  The object is not available in the list of data sources under Salesforce, Data Spaces, or Matrix Data ... I would expect to see it under Matrix Data, right? 
icon

Best answer by steve_davis 6 June 2018, 20:09

View original

6 replies

Badge
Sometimes this happens to me and then I just either clear my cache, log out, walk away, or have a coffee, at which time the custom MDA object appears as an option.  I have a developing theory that if you have the MDA object open in another tab, it prevents it from showing in rule setup.  Theory being the keyword.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Agree with Kate.  It sometimes take a bit for it to show up.  Definitely had the same thing happen.
Ah, there it is!  Thank goodness ... I thought I'd lost my mind!
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Sarah, Sorry for the inconvenience. 

I am forwarding this to our support team and will update you here once I get the an update. Instead of clearing the cache, please refresh the page if the object is not visible.

Thanks for posting here.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi Team, 

I also have a theory here on why this happens. When making modifications to an MDA table (including writing data to it) the system does a backend "crawl/refresh" shortly afterwards. I've notice that directly after modifying or creating an object, that process has to complete prior to the object showing up in Rules, Reports, Outreaches etc. 

It shouldn't be an issue with needing to clear cache or Gainsight telling you to re-fill your coffee 🙂 rather just some backend processing happening concurrently on on the object you are trying to select at that time. 

Does this align with what you all are experiencing?
Badge
Hi Steve - yes this does sounds like what I have experienced.  Thanks for sharing!