How to delete a survey response?

Related products: None

I'm not trying to manipulate our results, but we had a test survey sent out in production and would like to remove it so that it actually doesn't doctorate the real responses from other customers. So, is there an easy way to remove a specific survey response? If so, what objects would be affected? Any tool form Gainsight to do this or would it entail using Salesforce tools?

Thanks!
Hello Marcelo,

If you believe you need to delete a Survey response(s) or move a response to another survey, please contact support@gainsight.com. There are multiple objects that hold the survey data, and they have to be deleted in a certain order. If this is not performed correctly, one object can still hold data, while the others don't.
So that's how you delete them!  I created one as a test to figure things out - and then was ready to delete it and couldn't find out how.  Community saves the day again! 🙂
Hi Marcelo,

We have added this to our long road-map also changing this to an idea post. 

+1, we would really appreciate the ability to delete a survey/nps response ourselves instead of having to escalate to Support.

We've had a number of cases recently where a client contact accidentally/absentmindedly clicked on an embedded survey question but never actually completed the survey, resulting in an incorrect partial response.

@All, Previously, Admins could only View the responses of submitted surveys. With this 6.4 release, Survey 2.0 Analyze page is enhanced with Editing and Deleting capabilities, which allows Admins to Edit or Delete any submitted responses.

To use the Edit option:

Navigate to Survey 2.0 > Select the Survey > Analyze > Survey Statistics.

Select the response you want to Edit, from the participant chart.

Please follow this article for more information.

Happy posting!

+1 to have the possibility to delete NPS Survey Responses records without to escalate it to the support team would be really helpful.  

@sai_ram this only seems to work if the participant responded.

I’ve found a bunch of test participants in the survey data but they didn’t submit a survey and therefore there’s no response. I can’t delete the records but they contribute to the metrics as a participant (total participants).

@kelly I’ve been selecting “internal response” on the surveys that haven’t been filled out, filling out one question, submitting and then deleting. Not ideal but a workaround in case you still need it!