Export Email Templates to PDF

Related products: None

I would like the ability to export the email templates as a PDF, please. It's one thing to access the HTML, but I'd love to be able to export the finished template just as a PDF. 

Having the finished template as a PDF would allow me to easily share the template with various shareholders, people who might need to approve it, etc. As a PDF, I could post the finished template in other locations around my organization ("we just sent our customers this communication, fyi"), without needing to send a test to myself first, and then print from my own email client or rely on screenshots. 

With only the HTML available to me, I am unable to just put the template up on my own HTML site, since I use the GS embedded image function (and taking the raw HTML causes not only images to break, but things like special characters as well). 
Hi Alison,

Have you tried forwarding a test email to your colleagues who need to see it for approval or for awareness? I know this doesn't address the need to post the email as a file somewhere, but it's how we handle the approval/awareness step internally. 
Thanks for your response, Lila! Yes, currently I forward the test email to those who need to see it. However, If I'm working on a series of emails (say, 5 emails in the same project), I would currently need to forward 5 separate emails, all with different subject lines, to a handful of people. If I could export them, I could collect them all in one place, and create a tidy single email for everyone to view and approve. 

Additionally, forwarding the test email does not solve for the problem of posting things to my company at large. 
This is great additional context on your use case; thanks for sharing! 
Hi Alison - how many emails a week on average are you sending through this approval process? And is it just the email text body that needs to be approved or the entire final product (images, paragraph spacing, font size, other formatting, etc)?

Also - do you anticipating this approval process staying the same indefinitely or do you think that after a period of time (after you demonstrate your awesome capabilities in creating effective templates 🙂 ) that the approval might move to a less rigid process and then be just the approval of the message text?
Hi Dan, thank you for your interest in my idea.

The text content is separate, and does not require my forwarding a test email to anyone (Our workflow is to use a shared google doc for content). I get approval on the look and feel of important emails that go out to a certain percentage of our customers. Smaller sends require fewer eyes on it, and no, I don't need approval on everything I do.

We send major comms a few times a quarter, and each of these has a number of variants. 'Major' comms go through approvals, and it would be nice to have a way to export email templates for this process, or even just for archival purposes.
Thanks for clarifying, Alison. It sounds like you're already all over the solution I was going to recommend:

1. Send the test email to yourself

2. Print the test email to PDF

3. Archive/distribute the PDF as needed
Another alternative would be to send the outreach sample directly to the approvers via a distribution list email (the distribution list would be comprised of the approvers). 

Hey Gainsight folks - any chance we can revisit this idea? 

I have a use case where I’d like to save PDF versions of my email templates to GDrive so I can link to the previous internal newsletter version when sending new updates. The workaround of printing from Gmail is honestly just really, really ugly 😅  so would love to maybe reopen this idea for consideration.