When manually running a rule, default the "rule date" to today

Related products: None

This one seems like an easy no-brainer... but maybe I'm not thinking of something... But it drives me crazy to be working on a rule and doing the inevitable multiple runs and every time I have to set the rule date. (Plus it seems to take me two clicks to get the calendar to show up... but that's a separate topic... ;-)

Suggestion: Just put today's date in there by default and let me change if/as needed.
THANK YOU

I was just thinking about this the other day.

Also, when picking a date, once you select the date, you then have to click out of the date picker. Selecting a date should simply close the picker.
Hi Jeffrey,

We have noticed this and added the change, the changes will be part of April release train. 

Seth, will check if that issue exists today and update!
Sorry, Srinivas! Clarification: When you click "Today", the date picker does not close.
Hi Seth, 

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I checked and it appears "today" button is not working. We will ensure the date picker closes automatically upon clicking on today and selecting today. This change should be in place as part of June release. 
So happy this was posted and this is on the docket. Such a little thing, but one of those annoying UI bits. Thanks team!
Hi Jeffrey,

This has been taken care of and is available now. 

Regards,

Jitin
I saw it the other day and it's wonderful! Thank you!!!
Awesome!!!!