Auto Closing CTA's doesn't complete the overall CTA, just all the tasks

Related products: None

I have an auto complete of tasks set up, but I noticed that it completed the tasks, but it doesn't check off the overall CTA as complete. If I report on open CTA's then these will pull into those reports even though they shouldn't be considered open.

Hi Ky,

We have this in our roadmap, but as of now don't have an ETA,

Few Questions:

1) Would giving a pop-up when all the Tasks are closed out work (like we show when we do cascading)

2) Or having a configuration in the Admin section work?

Similar post: https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/close-cta-when-all-tasks-are-closed-out

Regards,

Hitesh
Hi Ky,

Adding to Hitesh's comments - Initially, this was the behavior in Cockpit but we got customer requests where they did not want to auto-close CTAs after all tasks are closed as they wanted CSMs to take few action/ update fields etc. before closing the CTA.

But to solve your use-case, we plan to give a very quick and easy way to close the CTA once all tasks are closed very soon. I will keep you updated about the ETA.

Thanks,

Nitisha
I guess for us the downside is if we are auto-closing the CTA, its because the CSM does not need to do anything else with it. If they need to, then you probably shouldn't set it to auto close. It sounds like even with auto-closing the CSM is still going to have to do something to completely close it out. The point of creating the auto close of the CTA was to remove more work for the CSM.