Solved

How do you load info to User object in MDA?

• 27 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • Shoshin
  • 314 replies
I have created two new fields in MDA on the User Object. They are "Last Survey Date" and "Next Survey Date". The intent was to pull from the Survey Participant table to snag the most recent date the customer was sent a survey from us. I was then going to load that date to the "Last Survey Date" field. Finally, I would add X days to that date and post the new date to "Next Survey Date". The end result is knowing that a customer is not receiving a survey from us more frequently than X days apart.

However, I am not seeing the option for the Users object when attempting to Load to MDA via a Bionic Rule. That object is just not listed when I attempt to add it and select the necessary fields.

I read through https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Data_Management_and_Integrations/Gainsight_Standard_Objects/Gainsight_User_Object, but that didn't clear up my question (or I missed something).

Anyone have an answer here?

Or even better, a more recommended workflow to accomplish my end goal?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by kunal_bhat 1 March 2018, 19:34

View original

4 replies

Hi Ben,

The User object is not available as an option in the Load to MDA action, however there's a separate "Load to User" action which you can use to update records in the User object. 
Badge
Yes thank you. Support caught this for me too. Learning something new every day!
Badge +3
Thanks for asking Ben!  
Badge +1

Hey @ben ,

I am attempting to solve for a very similar scenario. Was hoping you could help with some guidance on how you built these fields out? The issue I’m running into is that we have multiple surveys associated to one contact. 

Example: 

Contact A had two surveys sent 

- Survey Sent Date: 9/31/21

- Survey Sent Date: 2/31/22

I am trying to pull the most recent record into (2/31/22) query builder but not quite sure how to go about doing this. As of right now it pulls all of them.