Date Fields in Bionic Rule Formula

Related products: None

I just came across a use case where it would be great to subtract one date from another in a bionic rule transformation task. We are to a point in our project where we can't add fields to objects and I need a 'Percent Complete' field for some CTAs. If I could do the formula in the rule, just like we can in MDA, this would be super helpful.
+1

This is a use case I had to work-around for a prospect... would be much easier if we could create formula fields over dates.
Yes.  String and date formulas coming in Fall. 
Here's a list of the fields coming in the Fall release (thread here). 

I'm pretty giddy about these coming to rules engine. Yet another way we are killing the need to use Excel!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Dave, 

For Fall release, following formula functions related to string and date will be available in transformation task of rules engine.

1. ToUpperCase(d), 

2. ToLowerCase(D), 

3. Start of Week(), 

4. End of Week(), 

5. Start of Month(), 

6. End of Month(). 

7. Num of Days (Date - Date(Datetime)), 

8. Date (DateTime), 

9. Start of Calendar Quarter(), 

10. End of Calendar Quarter()

11. Concat (a,b,"whatever",...), 

We plan to have additional functions like subtring, length, position etc. in the upcoming releases. 

Regards,

Jitin
Just to update: "Num of Days" function we have changed to "Date diff( Date, Date, Unit)". This is for extensibility at later point of time. Currently we support one type of Unit(Days).
Hi , Happy to inform you that this is implemented and shipped in Fall release on 28th November, 2017. 

Thanks for posting! Your feedback matters, please continue posting!

You can find more details here

Hello Everyone!

The Add/Subtract Date Formula field in the Date Formulas of Transformation Tasks now accepts dynamic fields. Previously, this field accepted only static numeric values as input. With this v6.16 release, the number of days you add to or subtract from a date dynamically changes with the value of the selected field. 

Also, Gainsight introduces new Number Formulas to the Formula Fields in Rules Engine. These enable you to perform powerful calculations in your Transformation Tasks while setting up a rule. 

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!