Important Notice Regarding SFDC Platform Encryption

• 9 February 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
We wanted to make you aware of a security setting that is available in your org that can cause problems with Gainsight if enabled.  This feature is called "Platform Encryption", and we are currently not compatible with this feature, but our Engineering team is hard at work to get our code compatible.  Until Gainsight becomes compatible, we are asking customers to NOT enable this setting.

Details:

With this feature enabled, the encrypted fields cannot be used in the following SOQL and SOSL clauses and functions:  

Aggregate functions such as MAX(), MIN(), and COUNT_DISTINCT()

WHERE clause

GROUP BY clause

ORDER BY clause.

Some of our test classes use these fields in "Where" clauses and also reports could be configured using this clause and functions.  As a result Gainsight pages will fail to load, and you will not be able to access Gainsight with this feature enabled. 

You can learn more about this SFDC setting here.  We will continue to update this thread as our Engineering team works on compatibility.  If you have any further questions, please reach out to support@gainsight.com

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This is a great proactive notification Steve!  I would love to see more of these "known issue alerts" coming through the community.  I was thinking it might be a good idea to have a separate category for known issues/bugs vs lumping them into the same category as product updates, release and webinar notifications and the like.  All great proactive info, but would help with search and email filter capabilities to distinguish them from one another.  I realize that's probably a topic for the community managers, not you, but I wanted to toss it out there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for the feedback, Jeff. Since we have status.gainsight.com for sharing maintenance windows and such, we've re-named a category (fka, Maintenance & Incidents) on the Community to Incidents & Known Issues. We'll try to always tag posts with the Incidents & Known Issues category when we have this type of info to share with you.