CTA / task status default options

Related products: None

I have a customer that would like the functionality of the default CTA status to not override the CTA when checked complete.

Example:

The status is set to Closed No Action but if I check the main box on the CTA it changes it to Completed when I would rather just have it stay as Closed no action

To add to this, I would almost prefer that when the CTA box is checked, a little pop-up with status options to select shows up with the default option on the top. However, the CSM can then click the right status if a different one is applicable. Many of our CSM's don't realize that clicking this box changes the status. 
Hi Cameron,

You can change the default behavior for child tasks when the Parent CTA is checked as closed. Here is the info on that: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CTAS_Tasks_and_Playbooks/Admin_Configuration/Con...

Is that what you were looking for?

Samantha, 

Your idea is very interesting. It would provide nice flexibility. 
I think that most people see the checkbox as the visual cue on whether or not something is still open. I had a CSM that had closed a handful of CTAs as Closed: Lost but then went and checked the boxes (which reverted them to Closed: Won) thinking that was how you maked them as complete. It seems a little counterintuitive that the box doesn't check when a closed status is selected or that, as Samantha says above, you would be able to check the box and select a status.

Yes this has caused issues with us as well.  CSMs were not aware that if you select a closed status but then check the box, their choice is overwritten with Closed Success.  How can this be addressed?  I realize if you leave the box unchecked it still essentially closes the task but can be very confusing.  Love the idea above that when you check the box it pulls up your statuses for choice.  or if you select a close status other than closed success, when you check the box it asks if you want to override.

@heather_landgraf When you select a CTA status as ‘closed-no action’ for example, the check box is already checked.If you uncheck it and check it again, it changes to closed success. Is that the problem?

@sriram pasupathi the box does NOT check, the name just gets strikethrough.  Just a visual thing and enablement for those that do not realize checking the box defaults to closed success.

@heather_landgraf Are you on SFDC edition? This does not happen in the Horizon UI in the NXT edition. We had these visual enablement issues in the old UI and that’s why we moved to the Horizon experience.

@heather_landgraf Are you on SFDC edition? This does not happen in the Horizon UI in the NXT edition. We had these visual enablement issues in the old UI and that’s why we moved to the Horizon experience.

Yes on SFDC version.

@heather_landgraf We don’t have any solution for the SFDC edition. We strongly recommend you to consider the NXT edition since you will get a lot more value with NXT only features across different product areas.