If anything is changed on CTA, CTA status should change from "New" to "Work in Progress".

Related products: None

If anything is changed on CTA by our CSMs, such as CTA due date or any comments or posts recorded, should change from "New" to "Work in Progress". That shows that the CSM has engaged with the CTA to some extent.

At least having this option as a checkbox ("Change Status Based on Activity" on the Cockpit Configuration section on the admin page on Gainsight) would be great.
Thanks for the idea Allie. I also believe that this will help. I will move this idea into consideration and based on popularity, take it up. 
Great, thanks!!
Hi Sidhu - Is there any update on this one? I have a customer who would like the CTA status to auto-update to Work in Progress if a sub-Task is closed out. 
Yes, we are curious about this too! Changing the status is an additional step that gets easily overlook in our org. If, say when one task is completed the status changes to in progress, that would alleviate a step our CSMs have to do. Any idea on if this is in the road map?
Hi Sam,

This is in our roadmap, as of now i don't have any ETA.

Few questions regarding the same,

1) Would it be a good idea to change CTA status when Task status is changed to any Status manually(and have a pop-up message confirming same), or

2) Would it be a good idea to give configuration on which Task status to change the CTA status

Regards,

Hitesh
Is there a workaround for this currently? Is it possible to create a rule that automatically marks a CTA as WIP if at least 1 of the tasks within is updated? This seems like it would be the natural behavior, so I'm surprised there isn't an alternative to manually having the CSM's change the status themselves.
Would there be any update on this functionality? There are a couple of separate requests for this functionality that total 30 or so upvotes and each say its "on the roadmap". 
Hi Hitesh,

I would envision that any status updates mean that there is action being taken (or at least visibility on the CTA), meaning that it is "in progress", so would suggest as tasks are being moved from their default status, that the CTA is automatically changed to "Work in Progress".
^ seconded
^thirded
^fourthed(?)

A selector in configuration that lets the admin choose what types of changes indicate Work in Progress status would be best. I don't think you will have 100% consensus on what constitutes engagement. Options should include reassignment, date change, completion of at least one task, applying a playbook, things like that.

Also interested in this.
Is there an update on this? Hitesh's comment on this thread (from 2 years ago) said it was on the roadmap.

Another post from a year ago where Hitesh said it was on the roadmap: https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/cta-in-progress-5bc73e13e4b04588aaf865c1

And another posted 4 years ago where Sundaresan said it was on the roadmap and Hitesh commented 4 months ago also that it was on the roadmap. https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/syncing-cta-status-in-progress-with-task-status-5bc73e16e4b04588aaf86895

Here's another community post from 3 months ago asking for same thing: https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/the-csms-want-the-cta-status-to-move-to-work-in-progress-when-the-first-playbook-task-is-completed-5bfdb47be4b008b0aea9c130

And another posted 4 years ago where Sundaresan said it was on the roadmap and Hitesh commented 4 months ago https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/syncing-cta-status-in-progress-with-task-status-5bc73e16e4b04588aaf86895

Exactly where on the roadmap is it? This seems like a popular request.

My leadership team was disheartened when I told them CSMs would have to manually move their CTAs to "Work in Progress" if they wanted to track based on the status.

Where is this on the roadmap? Looks like this ask existed for a while. We are currently facing the same problem where the CSMs have to manually go update status each CTA they are working on.

Or atleast have an option to be able to update CTA status via rules engine

Hi,

Seems like this is a popular request and my organization would like to have it as well.  Also this request is 5 yrs old; can someone re-evaluate this?   It would be one less thing for CSMs to do, especially when they have so many tasks, this can be easily forgotten (change the CTA status to ‘Work in Progress’).  

Thank you!

Chiming in as well. I was just about to request this myself -- specifically, when a task is marked as complete, automatically change CTA status to “Work in Progress”

it would be nice to see something like this update dynamically

+1 to this! 

Thank you for the feedback everyone. This is something we are evaluating. We will provide timelines once we figure out all the cases around this. Thank you again.

@anirbandutta looks like @sriram pasupathi left Gainsight over a year ago. 

Can we get some eyes on this? It’s got 47 votes and is one of the more common irritating issues that I hear from CSMs about. It’s a pretty clear-cut use case. 

Thanks!

I mean - 7. Years. Old. 🤦🏻

Hi,

Apologies for the multiple delays on this one.

This has been added to our roadmap again a couple of quarters ago but we have not been able to pick it up due to competing priorities. I will keep this thread updated on the status of the project.

Thanks,

Monica

Maybe put a pin in rolling out new features so you can make some of the existing ones more usable?