Advanced Outreach: linear path

Related products: None

I am using Advanced Outreach for mail campaigns. A campaign consists of 6 weekly emails. I am challenged in building a workflow that will handle situations when recipients do not read the email.

With Advanced Outreach, this can be handled two ways:

1- through 6 outreaches (one for each email)

Each outreach sends a message out

A conditional timer checks if the email was read. If not it will send a reminder after 2 days

Another conditional timer checks if the reminder was read 5 days later. If not, it informs the CSM

2-  through 1 outreach (containing all emails)

The outreach is built with sends and conditional timers to send the 6 emails at 7 days interval if the recipient reads the email... so send email 1 - if read, send email 2 - if read, send email 3 etc.

How can I set up reminders and follow ups if a recipient does not read?
Hi Diane,

This is currently a gap in the email chain model. The current model is linear as you rightly described above and we cannot built branches where we define as follows -

a. if email has been responded , send email 1, if not responded send reminder email

b. If email was responded(in step (a) above), then send follow up email

c. If email was not responded in step (a) above , then send escalation email.

We are thinking about the ability to create multi step email chains with conditional waits and branching based on events(email responded/not responded, link clicked/not clicked) in the future. Once we have clarity on the timeline, we will update here and share the approach here.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Any improvement in the upcoming release?
Hi Diane,

This is tentatively planned for Winter release. I will let you know of the updates here.

Thanks

Abhishek S