More advanced Power List features

Related products: None

It would be great to have a couple of features for Power List:

- The combination of a CSV list and a filter in Salesforce, for example to import a CSV list of contacts but to filter out all of those in a certain vertical.

- The ability to select in/out individual contacts AFTER a filter is applied from Salesforce, so rules are applied to pull in a long list, but CSMs could ask for individual contacts to be removed/added at their discretion.

The absence of these means that I tend to have to do a CSV for EVERY upload, so that it can be curated there first.
One suggestion for your first item: bring the CSV in as a custom MDA object and then use Bionic Query to merge with whatever other data you want (from SFDC or MDA) and create the participant list from the result.  You can reuse that same CSV/custom object many times, of course.    

I am not totally clear on the process you have in mind for the second item: how do you want the CSMs to weigh in?
Hi Karl, thanks for coming back, unfortunately I'm non-technical so unsure how this would work in practice...! How do you bring in a CSV as a custom MDA query? And (sorry!) but what is a bionic query? Thanks!
Hi Will,

You can bring in a CSV using the Gainsight provided Amazon S3 connector. See info here: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Data_Management_and_Integrations/File-Based_Inte...

Once you have the CSV imported as a custom MDA table, then you can use that table as a source in a bionic query. See info here on bionic queries as a participant source in an Advanced Outreach: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CoPilot_and_Automated_Email/Admin_Configuration/...

If you want some additional help on these topics, please join this week's Admin Office Hours session for live, real time help with Gainsight experts. Post your question in advance here: https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/categories/gainsight_admin_office_hours
Thanks for this, Dan, but I would be strongly in favor of not having to create an MDA table when we wanted to have more complex criteria like the use case stated. It seems every time we want to do something with our data, we need to create a new MDA table. It's getting a little cluttered with one-offs.

I can completely understand that situation, Elizabeth. If it's a true one off situation and not anticipated to be used again, and if you want to avoid creating an MDA table then the best way to do that would be to ensure your CSV has all the data it needs prior to using it as a source in CoPilot. So in this case you'd export the info needed from SFDC to merge with your CSV info and then have a final cleaned up CSV that you'd then pull into CoPilot. 

The main point here is that if you have two unique sources (CSV and SFDC data) that you want to somehow merge and filter, you have to select a single location to do that cleanup in before you send it to CoPilot. 

You could import the CSV into an MDA table and then merge and filter in Gainsight (don't forget that you can delete an MDA object after you're done with it); or you can merge and filter in Excel before sending that data to CoPilot. 

Hope this helps. 🙂