Make Scorecard 2.0 error in the C360 more clear

Related products: None

Hello, 

I just recently had an issue where a new customer of mine installed Scorecards 2.0 and followed this documentation to do so. 

After setting up his scorecard and then adding Scorecard 2.0 to his C360 section, he got the following error: 

He was stumped, so he asked me what the issue was. I naturally looked at all our documentation as well as Zendesk and couldn't figure it out and finally learned - after asking multiple people in the office - that Gainsight Connect needs to be turned on and therefore populate SFDC data into the MDA since Scorecard 2.0 lives on the MDA. 

Makes a ton of logical sense after the fact, but the error message is unclear to me and especially our admins. Our documentation also doesn't cover this at all unless I'm missing something. 

Can we update this and also add a note in this article about needing to turn on Gainsight Connect in order for Scorecards 2.0 to function? 
I faced the same issue when turned scorecard 2.0 and this helps me now where to go! Thanks Spencer! 
This is a good example of how our product has grown in capability, but also in complexity (and often with dependencies that aren't intuitively obvious). 

A nearly ubiquitous method that is seen in many consumer grade software products (where a high degree of technical expertise is not common) is where the software guides the user through the configuration. 

For example, if you download a new app to your mobile device, often there will be a series of help screens to guide the initial configuration, and you advance (or skip if you want to do it later) through the steps.

Sometimes if there is dependency outside of the app, a message will appear reminding you to verify that you've enabled permissions that the features requires (or similar). In some cases it will take you right to that config page outside of the app and then the next time you return to the app it will proceed with the in-app configuration steps. 

In working with a number of customers both here on community and in my portfolio the past few weeks on some more advanced features, the 'spirit of shoshin' in my head reminds me that a beginner would have a very difficult time setting up even a basic Gainsight configuration. 

Training resources help to a degree, but unless someone lives and breathes in the platform, it can be difficult to set up many features. Some customers just give up and settle for just basic CTAs, health scoring and C360. 

I'd love to see how possible it would be to provide in-app configuration guides (maybe wizards if that's not too outdated) to make it easier for all users.

We do this to an extent with rules. It would be great if we could extend and expand the ways that we guide admins!

Thanks, Spencer; we'll add this info to the docs. 

Dan, we're going to start developing in-app guides using Pendo, but they won't be rolled out rapidly since they require both content dev/design, and also product QA. We're targeting our first guide to help with the new Adv. Outreaches feature in the 5.6 release. 
This is very exciting news, Lila! Can't wait to see how we start leveraging this in our product. Speaking from a CSM perspective (and likely SAs & PMs will agree) that the more in-app help our customers get, the more self sufficient (and successful) they'll be!

So cool!!
Thanks for your feedback. We will add this to our documentation and will also review if we can make the message better and intuitive.
Agree with you Dan. Providing in-app help and improving the UI messages will definitely improve the usability of the product.