Customers Tab Freeze Top Row

Related products: None

We've created a Customers Tab view for the CSM Managers to view all their customers at once, so they need to scroll to be able to see all the accounts. Manager requested the ability to freeze the top line similar to what's available in Reporting.
Instead of using Customers Tab could you simply create this in a report/dashboard and have folks use that?
Potentially, but then I would ask what is the purpose of having the Customer Tab. It is very convenient to have a drop down list to select various Customer lists/segments. We have many different teams and managers at different levels need to be able to look at those Customer by group. We also have Customer lists based on renewal status.
Yea, that makes sense.  In fact, my preference would be to get us in a position to replace the current implementation of Customers Tab with something more flexible -- e.g. so you could have multiple reports together so you can see other stuff at a glance when you select the segment, etc.  If we had an option to have a separate Tab with the selector drop down but let you add whichever tables and reports you want (so basically a new place to consume very particular dashboards) would you be able to replace your use cases for today's customer tab? 
Yes, I think that would work. Its always been confusing to me to create reports for use in a dashboard, and then UI Views for the Customer Tab. I'd rather have a single, robust tool for creating views of Customer data.
I totally agree.  Part of the issue has been that there are features in Customers Tab that we don't have in reporting / dashboards.  One of the biggest outstanding items is 'server side search.'  Basically, if you add a filter in the box at the top of the column then do you retrieve everything anew from the server or do you do the search on the client -- only matters if the view has more than 2000 records.  We are releasing server-side search for tabular reports next month so we will be getting quite close to being able to move to a reports-centered version of Customer Tab...
Thanks, Kristin! Same deal here. Our leaders and CSMs use the Customers Tab as kind of a home base for everything., and I definitely agree it would be great to be able to use one tool for creating views of Customer data. I will explore the report idea though because they have definitely asked for fields to be included on there, that we can't today because they aren't on account or customer info, so a report would allow us to add those in. Thanks, Karl and Kristin!
Wonderful.  Please let us know of your experience using Reports/Dashboards for this and what issues you encounter or ideas occur.  On a related note: we have a medium-term goal of developing a new 'Home Experience' in the product in which CSMs and others can get not only a portfolio list but a variety of summary info (CTAs, Timeline, etc.) about their patch so they can grounded in what is going on with their customers in one place. A lot can be done with Dashboards today but there is more we can/should do.  If you have thoughts on what this experience should be like, Manu is the guy!