Need a way to delete Inactive customers from Gainsight with a Rule

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

I would like to be able to delete customers from Gainsight that have changed from Active to Inactive status in Salesforce.  Ideally I'd be able to do this with a Rule, but support has advised me that is not currently possible.  The two manual options they provided are (1) to delete them manually (I filtered the Customers page on status, chose the Inactive ones, and had to delete one by one using the trash can icon; obviously I'll need to repeat this daily or weekly or monthly), or (2) to create filters to filter them out (which seems less safe to me in case a filter gets missed, then the total on the Customers page won't equal totals on dashboards).  It would be great to do this nightly with a Rule.  Thank you!
Hi Karen,

When a customer moves to "Inactive", is there no possibility of them becoming active again? I'm wondering why you would want to delete them and lose the data around the account.

We use inactive and churned customer data to be able to compare others to to know what similarities they have to hopefully keep other customers from churning.
Hi Lane, and thanks for the reply.  The reasons our customers churn can be many and complicated, and I'm not sure we could do meaningful trend analysis on and prediction of churn by using Inactive customer data in Gainsight, although perhaps we will devise at least a rough method of tracking.  What I was trying to prevent was logging in as each of my users, applying the appropriate filters so they only see Active customers, then they get in there and remove the filter (which some users will do even when advised not to), and then they wonder why the customer total on the Customers page doesn't equal what's showing on the Dashboards.  We'll find a workaround, though, and thank you again for your input!
In Rules engine, we do not have an action to delete a record. Not many requests around this. Will wait to see if we get more votes on this.
Hi Sundar, we would like to request this functionality as well.
we too
This is especially important until Gainsight can support Relationships fully.  What we are experiencing is we have a customer churn with one subscription which we leave churned.  And then create a new subscription when the customer returns.  We currently have to deal with loading churned customers because we can't delete them.  We then have another rule to load active customers.  This means that we are loading the same account record twice from a churned customer and an active customer which is becoming difficult to manage.
Thanks. It is added to roadmap with the # of votes. Will keep you posted when I have an ETA on this.
Hi Sundar, throwing a vote in for this as well. We're going to try and leverage Gainsight more on the trial side of things. However this is going to create an issue similar to what Jeff mentioned where a customer trial will expire, then they will create a new one (sometimes rinse/repeat many many times). I'm anticipating this is probably going to cause quite a difficult problem with account duplication so we may not ultimately be able to move forward.
+1 on this. Need the ability to delete records from MDA using rules.We load close to 2 million records per day into MDA, out of which 20% are qualified for processing. The remaining records need to be cleaned up and having a rule for this would be helpful.
+1 for us as well. We have a sub-type of customers that only has a one-time fee. We would like them added for some initial communications through Co-Pilot but after they are done with their one time service, they are not a customer. 
Us as well! We have a type of customer we would like to not view in Gainsight 

Thanks! 
I was told that we are charged for inactive accounts, so we need to purge old ones instead of paying for them.
We would also like the ability to prune inactive accounts, based on additional criteria.  We are approaching our SFDC storage limit and now we must purchase more to stay afloat.  (Scorecard History is one of the top storage users)
Hi Sundar,  This is also an issue for us.  We have two Gainsight records for the same customer.  One is Inactive and one is Active.  Having both is causing confusion for the CSM so I need a way to delete the Inactive one.  
Can someone from Gainsight please give an update on this?
@Nancy Bray - If the Gainsight customers you refer to don't map one-to-one with SFDC records then this should appear in data anomolies: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Administration/General_Administration/Fixing_Dat...

Is there an update on this from Gainsight. We append the user with Inactive to differentiate between Active and Inactive but we see all users either Active and Inactive show when we search for them in dashboard and that does not provide a good user experience and there is no need to show the Inactive ones. They do seem greyed out but users are still able to select those