Pushing Rules Out To A Sandbox

Related products: None

We have a customer that has a sandbox and a prod environment. They have (for example) MDA tables that are -prod and in sandbox they are -sandbox. i.e. Usage Data - Prod and Usage Data - Sandbox. 

The issue they run into is when they push rules from Production instance to sandbox, all of the rules fail because its looking for the -prod MDA table (the one for production). Is there any way to make this process easier than rebuilding the rules that are built off an MDA table? We thought about changing the MDA table name, but doesn't look like that will correct the issue. 
Steve - How do you push rules from Production to Sandbox?
Sundar,

The trouble is, we don't. Right now we have to build them in Sandbox, test there, then manually rebuild in Production.  We're aware that this process, while not ideal, is the reality for now.

We use CI in an highly automated fashion. The goal being that pushes from upstream sandboxes are duplicated with no human error in downstream sandboxes and eventually prod.

We'd like to use CI (or some other automated capture of Gainsight metadata/data) to move Rules from sandbox to sandbox and ultimately to production.

I'm happy to go into more detail of our architecture if that'd be helpful.

Thanks,

Amber
Hey Amber - We are building a feature codenamed X-Org migration which would help in migrating the rules from one org to another. I'll let the experts add further details.
Hi All,

With the help of the new application X-Org Migration, user would be able to migrate below from one org to another 

1) Metadata 

2) Assets (Play books and Rules as of now)

3) Custom Schema(Planned for winter release)

Unfortunately, as of now we do not allow the user to migrate Rules that are built on MDA schema to migrate, this item is in our road map. 

Praneet, please correct me if I'm wrong here.