Option to remove "Neutral" from the NPS question

Related products: None

Best practices for NPS recommend against using the word "Neutral" in the NPS question for two main reasons.

1. Neutral is technically scores 7 and 8 which are the two passives. 5 would be a detractor.

2. Neutral is often associated with N/A, and this causes customers to fill out the survey with a 5 when really they meant to indicate that the survey question was not applicable to them. 
We would love the ability to remove this from our survey! 
Hi Lauren,

Thanks for your feedback on NPS question, as per standard set by Satmetrix for NPS question there should be neutral on top of 5.

However we have plans in Survey Roadmap to make "Neutral" label as optional to be shown to customer. We will let you know on expected date of this enhancement soon.

Praneet,

Similarly, I want to actually be able to change the anchor label text ("not at all likely", "extremely likely") to match the re-phrasing of the question. The app allows me to change the question to anything I like, however I cannot change the anchors to match the question I'm asking.  I realize the responses are industry standards, but the wording of the question can be changed, so I need to manipulate the answers to match. Can this be considered as an enhancement as well? And/or is there a work-around for this currently?

Hi Jeff,

We follow industry standard on NPS question and ability to change anchor label text is not appropriate. However in case of Neutral, its not mandatory to have it.

At this stage we do not have any plans on it but there is a work-around to it. You can use Matrix type question and add your own custom label on it.
Hi Praneet!  Is there an update to the neutral label being removed?  Had another customer ask about this today.  Thanks!
Hi Scott,

I will update on this after our next release prioritization i.e. few weeks away.
A customer asked me about this today.  Can you post an update about removing the Neutral label on the NPS survey questions?
Hi Praneet, This is a request from our survey research team as well. I will ask Julie Heiser on our team to comment here with her feedback.
Thanks, Megan. Yes, we do not use a neutral label for the reasons listed above. I think it's important to be able to remove this and to be able to use the NPS question without a workaround given that it's not a best practice to have the neutral label (at least it's not something that all NPS researchers would deem a best practice). 
We will be providing option to remove Neutral from top of NPS scale in coming release.
Hi All,

This particular feature will be available in July 7th Release.
This was apparently removed from English....but not other languages.  When these types of requests are made, it would really be helpful for Gainsight to think of this through the customer lens, because it would apply to all languages other than English.
Agreed. This is oversight on our part. In fact I would say, the decision to remove 'neutral' should be per survey not per language per survey. Praneet can you please evaluate feasibility of this as a priority
Thanks Gaurav!
Hi Jeff, 

We have received a support ticket on the same and fix is ready to be sent.  
Hey Lisa it's available now
With the last release of Gainsight we have enabled customers to hide neutral from top of NPS scale it is available in NPS question properties.