Is restricting who can see various Layouts/Views on the roadmap?

Related products: None

We'd like to be able to permission specific "Gainsight" tab layouts and Customer tab dropdowns. We have several views we don't want some users to see
Any news here? It would be great if we could restrict who could see certain dashboards so that we can create manager dashboards, executive dashboards, etc.
Hi Harris and John, 

Right now this is not something that our product handles but it is something we have heard from other customers. I am going to make this a product idea so that our product team can review and provide you with feedback. They will probably have some follow up questions for you too!
Hello Harris. Thanks for your feedback. Currently we have active plans to restrict creating/modifying and even viewing the playbooks area. Do you have a prioritized list of which tabs you'd like to restrict. Thanks.
Hi Emily and Gaurav! Thanks for your prompt response.

I'm not sure about Harris' preferences, but it would be great for our team if we could moderate access to certain Dashboards in the Gainsight tab. For example, CSMs wouldn't be able to see the CEO's Executive dashboard or one of the manager dashboards. It would also be nice of CSMs could create their own personal reports & dashboards that they could give themselves access to that others couldn't see.

I don't think we have any desire to restrict creating/modifying/viewing playbooks -- just reports and dashboards. Thanks!
I concur with John on his feedback about the reports and dashboards.  Although we do have situations where we do want to restrict access to playbooks for creating modifying and viewing/using.  We also need to be able to restrict the UI Settings created/modifying/viewing.  All of these restrictions we would like to be able to specify by specific user, role or profile, or group.
Hi Gurav, as John outlines below we would like to be able to restrict certain views from the Gainsight tab dropdown.
Thanks Kiersti, John and Harris for your comments. I understand why this (restricting certain dashboards) is an important request. To do user, role or group level access permission of various 'records' (whether it's a dashboard or something else) is somewhat we want to offer and my team will start looking into, but it does require us to update our permissions framework and unlike to be a short-term (2015) fix. I will update you once we have more detail.
Other thread that have requested the same feature

https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/available-dashboards-based-on-profile

https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/dashboards-private-dashboards-for-success-operation...

As mentioned in the above threads, ability to set view permissions to a dashboard for a user will be available in Feb release. 

Thanks!
This capability should be live in your org now!
Hi Sumesh, 

It's great that we can lock dashboards. Is it currently possible to lock UI views on the Customer's Tab? If not is that on the roadmap? 

I have a customer who does not want CSMs to be able to see any customers that they do not manage. 

Thanks!
This is not on short-term roadmap. One way to do this is to hide customers tab, and create a dashboard with widget + table, which is similar to customers tab and restrict that by user
This is not on short-term roadmap. One way to do this is to hide customers tab, and create a dashboard with widget + table, which is similar to customers tab and restrict that by user
Awesome, I'll let them know 🙂
Hi All,

We are thinking of building this soon and would love your feedback on the thoughts we have regarding this. Please refer this post and post your comments - https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/multiple-c360-layouts

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hi All,

As you might have seen in the release notes for November, we have released the first version of Multiple C360 Layouts. You can see the detailed description with the steps to do it here - https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/235626068.

We would love to hear your feedback and comments regarding how we can make it better.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Is the capability for restricting UI views to users available?  Like how you can do this for dashboards?