Reports 2.0: Allow for more than 2000 rows in a table

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

Reports appear to have a 2000 row limit when displaying a table which prevents valuable information being displayed on a dashboard. Why is there a limit? Any downside to making it unlimited?
To get around this, we've been running reporting "rules" to get the full report without the cap. 
Thanks David. I'm not quite sure what that means, but it sounds like a workaround. I'd like to understand if there is a way to increase the row limit by default, perhaps there could be an option when building the report, or when adding it to a dashboard, to say "Display unlimited row count" or something like that.
Hi Jeff,

Increasing the limit can have performance implications as multiple reports are loaded in a dashboard, which can lead to timeouts. How often do you come across this limitation? Will providing an export to CSV option solve your use case? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sumesh 
We are running into this with our UI Views (and reports, but it is really any issue for us right now with the UI views).  When we try and do a quick search using the fields displayed, only the first 2,000 records are searched.  This is a HUGE limitation for us and will become an even greater limitation as we add more data into the system.
I'm adding to the chorus here. I agree that 2000 rows is limiting, and I also understand the 2000 row limit is in play due to performance. However, there's no indication in a report display that your data has been truncated to 2000 rows.

For example, I may build a report that has 5000 rows, and when it displays, I see only the first 2000 rows. I wish there was a notation that my report is truncated. This avoids confusion we have encountered whereby we *thought* a report was complete and tried to apply a filter to surface data we know is in the report. Because the data we sought was beyond the first 2000 rows, our filtering didn't find what we were looking for, and it took us forever to figure out this was due to a truncated report.

Until the balance between performance and display can be solved, a great interim step would be to add a notation to a report when it has been truncated to 2000 rows on-screen.
Agree with everything on this thread. For View and Reports we need the full data set returned.

The first 2000 rows can be returned initially, but the user should have the option to get the full data set.

thanks

Kristin
Hi Anne,

Just so that i understand, for what type of reports do you use UI views? Except for the scorecard mass edit views, you should be able to build all UI view reports in report builder. Please let me know if that's not the case.

Thanks,

Sumesh 
Hi Sumesh,

thanks for responding.  The UI View in question is one that was created by our project manager Bryan.  It is for our sales people looking for specific customers who have many different combinations of criteria...a specific location, product, number of employees, referenceable, etc, etc.  I had asked in the past about using report builder for this, but Bryan said that using report builder takes away the ability of using 'or' in our searches.  Which is important for the search functionality.

Thanks!

~Anne
Hi 

Adding to this.. even though the report UI shows 2000 also the export to excel gives me only 2000. So really this is a HUGE limitation! 

I would really want this to be a P1 especially as we are growing our adoption in our organisation quickly now.

Thanks

Naquiyah
Our users are also reporting this as a limitation.  They can only scroll to page 4, 2000 records, even though the report should return more results. 
Hi All,

In feb release, following changes will be implemented. 

• Tables in the UI will display a maximum of 2000 records(Existing behaviour).

• If the number of records returned by a report is > 2000, an indication in the table footer will be displayed as follows - "View 1 - 100 of 2,000+ records". + indicates that the report has more than 2000 records to display.

• In the above case, export to CSV option will be available on clicking the gear icon. On clicking this option, the entire data set(max 100K records) will be emailed to the current logged-in user as a CSV file.
Please let me know if you need additional clarifications. Thanks!
The capability is live now. You can now export your SFDC reports to CSV when the # of records returned is > 2000.