Automatically enable Sally

Related products: None

As a Gainsight admin, I need seamless integration with Gainsight users and Sally Slack so I have an effective and efficient onboarding experience for new users.

Acceptance criteria: All Gainsight users automatically have access to Sally Slack.
Hi Angela,

Thanks for the suggestion. We are looking at improving the overall onboarding experience of users for Sally access. As a part of this, when the Slack users are imported into Gainsight and mapped with GS Users, there would be an option to provide Sally access for all users.

Thanks,

Rajesh
+1, we really need this as well. Is this still being considered?
Agreed. I was surprised when I got a query in from a highly proficient Gainsight user who couldn't use Sally due to permissions. Sure enough, I had to provision her specifically for Slack.

Better user provisioning with regard to Sally would cut down on manual steps admins must perform.

I'm not sure what use case there is for not automatically including Sallybot access to Gainsight users. For us all Gainsight users need Sallybot, so I'm manually having to add people. I would love for the default to be access approved to Slack.

Same. This is a clunky next step for us and is something we would like enabled by default when someone gets a seat.

Has this been implemented? I have a ticket that was resolved saying Sally is now automatically enabled for people with a Gainsight license.

Seconded. This seems like a big miss in in the product, would be helpful if this was updated.

Yes, this has been done as part of the last release.

All Gainsight users will be given access to Sally by defualt.

Regards,

Shantan

@shantan_reddy Can you confirm if this is automatic for Gainsight's View licenses, or just full licenses? Is it retro-active for those already added, or just new Gainsight users added going forward?

@katie_b It is made available for all full and viewer licensed users.

We have also given the access retroactively.

Regards,

Shantan

I’m confused by this saying it’s implemented? When we have new GS users I still have to go and enable sally for them separately…is there a setting somewhere I am missing?

@HollySimmons If you navigate to Admin → Sally → Manage Users (on the Slack workspace) and then select load users, all the new GS users will get access to Sally. Hope this helps.