Section Tool Tips/Instructions

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
I think it would be very helpful to have a tool tip or instruction box throughout a lot of places in Gainsight.This could be configurable by the admin to provide additional context for new users.

- Summary sections - often times these numbers are rollups so explaining criteria would be helpful.
- 360 Sections - adding context to reports and explaining filters, drill downs, etc.
- Dashboards - either at the top of the dashboard or within each container

I'm sure there is more out there, but these are the first few that I'm thinking of that could really add some value.

Photo of Joseph Siudzinski

Joseph Siudzinski, Employee

• 4,162 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Samantha Braastad

Samantha Braastad, Champion

• 6,074 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I agree! Being able to communicate to the end user the different nuances around what is / isn't included in C360 sections would be very helpful. Currently, this is maintained in Confluence articles for training purposes which makes managing updates difficult. 
Photo of Rohit

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Agree too! This will be a good value add.
Photo of Renee House

Renee House, Champion

• 2,970 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
+1 for this idea.  My training department has been asking for a feature where we can add helpful text and if needed, possibly link to one of our quick tips or training videos.
Photo of Jordyn

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Product Idea- Tooltips.

In Salesforce we have many "tooltips" to help guide the CS team if they are unsure of the purpose of a specific field. It would be great to enable tool tips in Gainsight as well! 
Photo of Andrew Cummins

Andrew Cummins, Champion

• 6,740 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Allow help text on fields under c360 Attributes section.

some fields are not as descriptive as they need specifically with drop-downs and multi-picklists. It would be nice to be able to add help text to these fields to describe in further detail what the CSM should pick.