Linking Timeline field back to Scorecard in 360

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
Hi All,

We use a CSM Health score that I believe we should now be able to edit through the timeline feature. I've created a field with the correct drop down options, but I'm not actually sure how to link it back so that it will update the desired field on the 360 page. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Michael
Photo of Michael Stebbins

Michael Stebbins

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Dan Ahrens

Dan Ahrens, Gainster (employee)

• 19,738 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Michael,
Setting a score value would be done via bionic rules. Here is a getting started guide that will help: https://support.gainsight.com/Release_Notes

Also, here is the exact Setup Action that you need to create to set the score (assuming you've created the score card measure already).
Photo of Michael Stebbins

Michael Stebbins

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have this much set up already, what I'm trying to do is make the manual field used in the score card editable from timeline as a custom field. Any idea how to link the two?

Photo of Dan Ahrens

Dan Ahrens, Gainster (employee)

• 19,738 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Michael,

The CSM Health field that you added to the Timeline Activity is a separate data field than the fields used in Scorecard measures. 

If you want to capture the CSM Health entry in Timeline and then have that be represented in one of your Scorecard measures, you'll have to create a bionic rule to retrieve the CSM Health value from Timeline and then write that to the Scorecard measure. 

Your Gainsight CSM should be able to help you connect the dots on this further. 
Photo of Sai Ram Pulluri

Sai Ram Pulluri, Official Rep

• 7,878 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Michael, Could you please brief us the use-case you are trying to achieve?