Email Template Name Update Not Showing In Reports

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Solved
I was renaming some of the Email Templates that are part of Outreaches we have set up, so that I could create more accurate reports on specific outreaches (the old naming convention was too similar to be able to filter out correctly). The report is being filtered on the Template Name. 

When I updated the Email Template names in CoPilot, I had to also update the filter logic in Report Builder to reflect the new names on these Outreaches. However, this update seems to not translate over to the Report Builder. When I filter to the new email template name, no data appears for the report. I have waited a day as well for more outreaches to go out with the updated template name.

Is this just a bug? Where the Report Builder does not reflect the updated email template names? The report only shows the old naming convention on these email templates. 

Or will this update once more email outreaches are sent with the updated naming? Thanks!
Photo of Manmeet Dosanjh

Manmeet Dosanjh, Champion

  • 3,932 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Amruth Gandrath

Amruth Gandrath, Employee

  • 158 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I think you have built report on the Email Logs/Email raw events , these collections have data with  the "template names" when the outreach was sent. So change in template name will not reflect back to Email Logs/Email raw events data.

However the filter logic can be applied on "template Id (tid)" instead of name which will give the desired results (But the template names in report results will still have old names).
(Edited)
Photo of Manmeet Dosanjh

Manmeet Dosanjh, Champion

  • 3,932 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Ah, I see. That makes sense! Just tried it and we are good to go. I wasn't sure what was going on so thanks for the help!

Cheers,