Deleting Timeline Activities

• Idea
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Under Consideration
How do I delete a timeline activity? I can't change the type of activity once I've logged it either.
Photo of Nurah  Muhamad

Nurah Muhamad

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Heather Hansen

Heather Hansen, Champion

• 9,224 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
+1 We're getting requests to also be able to change the activity type once created.
Photo of Sai Ram Pulluri

Sai Ram Pulluri, Official Rep

• 12,386 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Heather, We can change the Activity type from Admin>Activities>Select the custom Activity Type you want to edit(but this is only possible if you have access to admin page).
We cannot delete the Activity type,if there are any Activities/Drafts in consumption areas.
Correct me if I am missing anything 
Photo of Heather Hansen

Heather Hansen, Champion

• 9,224 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
What I'm hearing is that I accidentally logged an activity as Update, but I actually should have logged it as Meeting.  Once I've logged it, I can edit it, but I can't edit the type of activity that it was originally created as.  So, I can't change it from Update to Meeting.
Photo of Sai Ram Pulluri

I am sorry for the inconvenienceYes you cannot change the Activity once it is logged. We will consider this as enhancement request. Thanks for posting your comments.
Photo of Manmeet Dosanjh

Manmeet Dosanjh, Champion

• 3,932 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
+1 this seems to be an obvious feature that should be included for Timeline.  Especially to delete Activities that were accidentally logged or in the wrong account. It's odd that you can only delete a Timeline Activity if it is an "Update" but not if it is a "Call" or "Email". 
Photo of Sai Ram Pulluri

• 12,112 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Manmeet, You can delete any Activity created by you, you cannot delete the Activities created by others. Please let us know if you still face any issue in deleting your own Activities .
Photo of Manmeet Dosanjh

Hi Sai,

I checked again and it allows me to delete the Activities now. Strange though, when I was trying the other day it wouldn't allow me or the other Admin to delete our Activites from Timeline. Not sure what was causing that but looks fine now.

Is there any plan to allow for changing the Activity type for Activities that were already logged? 
Photo of Kelsi

Kelsi

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Agreed! This seems like it should be a basic functionality of the timeline activities because there will undoubtedly be situations where a CSM needs to edit the type of activity or delete it if they posted to the wrong account or something. 

Is this being considered? 
Photo of Sai Ram Pulluri

Hi Nurah, We cannot delete standard Activity types like Update, Call, Meeting and Email. We can only delete custom Activity types. 
We can also delete the Activity from consumption area. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience.Yes you cannot change the Activity once it is logged. We will consider this as enhancement request. Thanks for posting your comments.
Photo of Nurah  Muhamad

Nurah Muhamad

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I created a custom Activity Type that I named "Escalation", and I myself added this activity but I cannot delete it. It was a test activity that I had added to test it, but now it seems like its stuck there forever :-\

Photo of Sandeep Kumar

Sandeep Kumar, Employee

• 1,026 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This activity is created from CTA and it will be deleted from CTA Timeline only.
Photo of Nitisha Rathi

Nitisha Rathi, Employee

• 14,556 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi,

To give more context, we are working towards solving use-cases like -
1. making it easy to edit/ delete activities from all places (e.g. activities created from CTA should be editable/ deletable from 360).
2. giving access to few users like admin, account owner, etc. to edit all activities of the account.

We will also think more about giving the ability to change activity types.

I will keep you posted as we make more progress in this direction.

Thanks,
Nitisha
Photo of Manmeet Dosanjh

Another use case to add to this is when a Timeline Activity (with Tasks) generates a new CTA in Cockpit, that if you delete the Timeline Activity it doesn't remove the CTA from Cockpit (Only deletes the task underneath the CTA). Or, if you delete the CTA from Cockpit, it doesn't delete the Timeline Activity that initially created the CTA.

It would be great if you could delete from one place and it deletes across the board. Right now, the I have to delete them in both the Timeline and in Cockpit. 
Photo of Sandeep Kumar

Sandeep Kumar, Employee

• 1,028 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
We can not delete CTA on deletion of Activity because CTA can contain tasks which are not created from Activity.
Activity is not deleted on CTA deletion because Activity has already happened and user might be interested to see in Timeline irrespective of CTA deleted or present.
Photo of Jeff Kirkpatrick

Jeff Kirkpatrick, Champion

• 25,378 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Look forward to more updates on this.  People make mistakes and we need a way to help resolve them when brought to Ops attention.
Photo of Sai Ram Pulluri

Hi Nurah, Your point makes complete sense .I am changing this request into idea post .
Photo of Spencer Engel

Spencer Engel, Employee

• 5,638 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Just so I'm 100% understanding this, as of today, only the Timeline activity creator him/herself can delete their activities? Meaning a Gainsight Admin for instance does not have the ability to delete activities on behalf of other CSMs? This seems to be the case after doing some testing, but I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.
Photo of Dan Ahrens

Dan Ahrens, Official Rep

• 24,824 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
That's correct. 
Photo of Randy Brown

Randy Brown

• 60 Points
Can we UNdelete an activity? Help! I accidentally deleted a post with valuable information. 
Photo of Sai Ram Pulluri

• 11,818 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hai Randy, Sorry, we can't undelete an activity. 
Photo of Seth

Seth, Employee

• 14,480 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Another use case:
I just tested a new Email Assist template, which pushed the email to that Account's Timeline. I can't delete it.
Photo of Seth

Seth, Employee

• 14,480 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Correction: I deleted the CTA, and the activity disappeared.