Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 111
Photo of Tracy Streetman
Survey & NPS Analytics Available in Reports 2.0
The analytics that are available in the Survey and NPS tabs are great, what would be even better is if those were also available in Repor...
  • 19 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Tom Gerth
Gainsight Lightning Tabs
I've been working with a customer that's making the big switch to Lightning UI in Salesforce, and while I know that Gainsight is Lightnin...
  • 9 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • In Progress
Photo of Leanne
Logging emails by bcc in Timeline
For the Email logging, it looks like the only option right now to copy and paste in an email that's already been sent (ie. from Gmail).  ...
  • 120 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Idea
  • Planned
Photo of Kate Popp
Add Cockpit integration for Google Calendar (or similar service)
Our team uses Google Calendar to manage all of their meetings and events. It would help with workflow if we could automatically: - see o...
  • 71 me toos
  • 25 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Matthew Weinreb
"Bionic Reports"........Is Something Like This On The Roadmap?
Is there anything on the roadmap that will allow us to join different objects for reporting without writing rules to merge data in MDA ta...
  • 15 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Marika Zumbro
Filter for relationship cards
Would love to have a filter option in the relationship section of the C360 page. This way you could group relationships and limit your vi...
  • 8 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Leanne
Replace the Escalation Email in a Program with a CTA
I've got an AO using the Customer Satisfaction Survey model. I don't want to send an escalation email to CSMs (because that is what CTAs ...
  • 4 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Leanne
Default to Programs in Journey Orchestrator?
We've more or less stopped using the "old" Outreaches at all, and are mostly just using the new Programs (Advanced Outreaches) within Jou...
  • 3 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
  • Planned
Photo of Chris Marconi
Copilot - Unsubscribers
If a customer unsubscribes to an outreach, does that prevent them from receiving future outreach emails or just that same outreach if sen...
  • 3 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Ben
Can you add data to a flattened survey dataset?
I am working with a flattened survey for the first time and am hitting some snags. I usually merge survey data with Account and other SFD...
  • 3 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Cameron Wright
Reporting on CTAs created
I was chatting with a customer about a use case they have and found this to be surprising that we don't have this functionality already. ...
  • 4 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Idea
Photo of Domenic Armano
Add Tabular Reports to Outreach Templates in Copilot
When creating an outreach template it would be great if you could add a previously created tabular formatted report. This is not presentl...
  • 38 me toos
  • 27 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Alex LeGay
Testing Advanced Outreaches
Hello All! Hoping to open up some discussion regarding testing advanced outreaches. I will add my ideas below but feel free to provide yo...
  • 13 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Chris Beaven
Ability to CC/BCC contacts on CoPilot outreach
I've heard a few customers ask about the possibility to CC or BCC internal contacts on a CoPilot outreach. The CC/BCC could be a specific...
  • 28 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Ben
How do you re-order pages in a Survey?
I have been working on a survey that uses pages to separate out branched questions. In this process, I've tweaked the flow of things and ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Idea
  • Planned
Photo of Andrew Biehle
Request for the option of additional filters when creating CTA's.
Currently when creating a CTA with a rule we have the option of checking the "Include name in identifiers" checkbox to have an additional...
  • 4 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Diane Morneau
Advanced Outreach: no scheduler
The capability to schedule an advanced outreach is not available in the current version. We can specify a start date but no time. We need...
  • 11 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Leanne
Inline NPS question template formatting problem
With this new formatting option (or even independent of it), is there any way to control the width of the inline question in the email te...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Seth
Template updates for 'Email Assist'
When using 'Email Assist', if I edit the email template, and then add a new CTA using the Playbook that includes that email template, the...
  • 12 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Ganesh
Copilot emails for CSMs to send
A few customers have asked for the ability to draft template emails via copilot, but for the final "send" button to reside with the CSM. ...
  • 19 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Idea
  • Planned