Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 26
Photo of Annie
ability to clone success plan
Hi there, as we are experimenting around success plan and more importantly the CSM workflow around it - some unmet needs surfaced by the ...
  • 18 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Chris Beaven
Ability to CC/BCC contacts on CoPilot outreach
I've heard a few customers ask about the possibility to CC or BCC internal contacts on a CoPilot outreach. The CC/BCC could be a specific...
  • 20 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Annie
mass update feature for CSM to productively maintain account hygiene
First of all, I'm not talking about CTA mass edit or anything admin does. I'm looking for a way which CSMs can leverage to mass edit thei...
  • 3 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Logan T
Report Scaling when Adjusting Legends
Hey team! After our last update, we reworked the way that reports show on dashboards and report builder. Namely, we no longer rescale th...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Kiersti Felska
success snapshot in word format
I need to have an extensive 360 view of a customer and am finding limitations with the current 360 export.  Is there any way to get the S...
  • 4 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Harris Maidenbaum
Please make it so each Reasons is associated with a specific CTA Type
We have a list of 20+ reasons. Some of these reasons are only used when CTA type = opportunity, some reasons are oly used when CTA type =...
  • 20 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Kristin
Mass Edit updates Closed Tasks
When the Mass Edit tool is used to update the CTA assignee, and update Tasks is selected, completed tasks are also getting updated. The c...
  • 3 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Ellen Berman
Gainsight Usage Report (Internal rep usage of Gainsight)
I get an excel file emailed to me every 2 weeks with our internal Gainsight users and their page clicks into Gainsight objects by day.  C...
  • 18 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Jeff Kirkpatrick
Reports 2.0: Maintain a "Created by" name and date field on each report
I admit I have not had an opportunity to check out the 5.0 UI yet, so I don't know if this has already been incorporated there, but it wo...
  • 3 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Idea
Photo of JD Griffis
CTA mass change when CSD assignment changes
CSD assignments on accounts change on a regular basis (shifting accounts, job changes, etc.). When that occurs, the open CTA's should aut...
  • 10 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Emily McDaniel
Gainsight Home Filters
We have heard from a few customers that they would like to have the option to apply a filter to the entire Gainsight Home Page (instead o...
  • 18 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Anthony Sabato
Mass Edit in Cockpit
When doing a Mass Edit in the Cockpit Admin tab, the tab should NOT close out but instead return you to the page. It's annoying and since...
  • 5 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Annie
quick link of Zendesk or ticket submission button from Gainsight c360
We have a report 2.0 to pull info of open zendesk ticket into c360. However, the challenge is to create a new ticket (e.g. the CSM in gai...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Idea
Photo of sam leonard
Field that imports the most recent comment in a ZenDesk thread into Gainsight for addition to the Customer 360
Hello! I was wondering if there were plans to expose a field that allows users in Gainsight to see the last comment posted to a given Ze...
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Idea
Photo of Annie
customizable /editable field in Success Plan (Plan info)
Hi there, we are trying to adopt Success Plan and it's nice to be able to add in read-only fields. However, the existing three native fie...
  • 3 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Douglas Kelly
Allow Reports 2.0 aggregates to have decimal places
It would be nice if Reports 2.0 could be configured to include decimal points when it comes to percentages. This mainly applies to aggreg...
  • 3 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Bill Updale
Success Plan display in C360 and enhancements
Currently the way Success Plans are displayed in C360 is not very appealing or user friendly.  It is not obvious to our users that you th...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Irit Eizips
Ability to create a CTA when a field in SFDC changes from one value to another
It would be very helpful to create business rules (and CTAs) when: 1) A field in SFDC is being populated (from Null to any value) 2) A f...
  • 5 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Annie
Ui limitation - c360
Hi there,  Currently the product puts a limit on the # of fields allowed for the summary section. I understand the balance/concern on lo...
  • 3 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Holly Watson
Ability to block specific contacts from recipient list in Copilot
When creating a Power List in Copilot I can only block specific emails from the list by applying them individually. It would be nice to b...
  • 5 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea