Solved

Use PX survey to collect feedback on help topics?

• 22 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi,

is there a way to use a PX survey to collect feedback on help topics, like you see it for example in Microsoft help and on Gainsight help topics? It should appear embedded at the end of every help topic and allow to add a comment if a user isn’t satisfied. Or, if this isn’t possible, appear when a customer clicks on a feedback button.

Has anyone implemented such a system using Gainsight PX?

I would be grateful for any examples, suggestions, ….

Susanne

icon

Best answer by dileepnalla 25 March 2021, 08:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Susanne Thats true, I vote for this. Let me check the possibilities on this. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for posting to PX Community @Susanne !

PX Surveys can only be displayed to identified users within applications that are being tracked by Gainsight PX. This requires that our PX Tag code as well as our PX Identify call code to be added to the application, which is not always possible or allowed by these software providers.  

We currently do not have this level of integration available with any content management system, but those types of technology partnerships seem like good opportunities for Gainsight PX in the future.   If your team can work with your content management system vendor to allow the inclusion of our PX custom code in their application, then it should be 100% possible. 

I am interested to learn if any of our customers have found a creative way to do this with their content management systems.  From my perspective, it could be as simple as including a custom link/button in the content management system’s article that redirects the user to a site/application that IS being tracked by Gainsight PX (e.g. “http://my_px_tracked_app.com/surveylandingpage/?articleId=12345abcd&userId=john@doe_industries.com”).

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Susanne 

Thanks for posting on the community, We have CES survey engagement which can be helpful to meet your use case.

However, I recently worked on similar use case, and suggested them a workaround. Check if this can suit your needs.

This is purely a workaround.

Video recording: https://share.getcloudapp.com/geub88Y5

Screenshots:

Prerequistes:

1. PX Subscription should be enabled by “allowJS content”
  2. Needed custom events code to perform
  3. Allowing the badges

Limitations:

1. Capturing the comments.

Reachout to PX support at pxsupport@gainsight.com for any issues

Thanks

Dileep Nalla

Our help is more or less just a set ofHTML pages with JavaScript and can be accessed only by clicking the help button in our application. I therefore assume it should in some way be possible to track also the help content. Our main interest would be which HTML pages are opened by our customers and maybe also which search terms they enter in the search field. And, of course, the feedback possibility would be great.

Thanks for your answers! I will have a closer look at this in the next weeks.