Question

Triggering engagements without using knowledge center bot UI

• 17 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I wanted to know is KCB is the only way to launch engagements or are there others way to launch engagements without using KCB. I wanted to get rid of the KCB UI and build my own UI , I want to replace the KCB window as the container and place the contents within my components as well as launch engagements using it. Is this possible?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

There is also the “automatic” way to launch an engagement. Check the Audience section for all the options for automatically launching that engagement.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@Souvik SInha - @mmarques is right on the money! You can update an Engagement’s trigger using this dropdown in the Engagement editor. The three types are:

1. Automatic: Engagement plays based on the audience criteria in step 1 and scheduling rules in step 4 (old editor) or step 3 (new editor). Here’s an article on a classic use case for this. 
  2. KC bot: you’re familiar with this one 😊
  3. Badge: place a button on top of your application’s UI; the end user will perceive it to be native to your site. When they click on this button, it’ll launch the Engagement. Here’s some documentation on how that works. 
    1. Note: you’ll still need to set audience and scheduling rules for badge-triggered Engagements

If you use Gainsight CS and have integrated it with PX, you can also trigger in-app PX Engagements with CS’s Journey Orchestrator feature.