Question

Trigger engagement every time custom event occurs

• 22 August 2022
  • 4 replies

I have added an engagement which triggers on a button click event but the engagement is being triggered only once for a user. I want to trigger the engagement every time the button click event occurs. The event is a custom event of active type with a ‘clicked’ boolean property inside it. Also in the engagement schedule I have set it to ‘every time’ still I the engagement is not triggered every time. Can someone help?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Souvik SInha ,

Which Engagement type are you using? If it is Guides/ Sliders/ Dialogs then you can do following configuration to ensure that the Guide Engagement triggers when a Button is clicked by the user.

1: Add the “Product Mapper” rule in audience rules as shown below. I added my button as a feature in the Product Mapper tree and used in the product mapper rule.

2: Ensure Qualification scope if Paywall. [Only Surveys dont support Paywall qualification scope today]

Once you do these two configurations then Whenever a user, clicks the button the engagement will get triggered. Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Abhilash

Hi @aharkut,

I did as you suggested but still the engagement is still being triggered only once for theuser. I am using guide engagement and qualification scope is also set to paywall. I am attaching the configurations too.

I am hoping that for you the engagement is triggered every time the button is clicked. It will be really helpful if you could tell me what am I doing wrong.

Thanks,
​​​​​​​Souvik

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Souvik SInha we can get on a call to discuss this. Please drop me a mail on what date and time suits you best and we can walk through this once. I tried again at my end and it seems to be working fine.

@aharkut sent you a dm as I was unable to find your email