Solved

Is Query Builder limited to returning only 10 rows?

• 28 August 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge
  • Veteran Rookie
  • 28 replies
I can't for the life of me figure out how to get more than 10 rows out of Query Builder. We're trying to get a list of all of our accounts that have activity in APAC, but I can never get more than 10 rows to show on the interface. I also don't see a way export raw data.

Hope I'm missing something?

icon

Best answer by harshibanka 29 August 2019, 03:09

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
You're just seeing the preview. You need to sync the participants in order to get a full list. https://support.gainsight.com/Journey_Orchestrator_and_Email/Programs/Adding_Participants_to_a_Program#Sync_Sources

Badge
Hi Spencer, thanks for the reply but this is question about PX. Not sure your link applies here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
You are correct. I should've looked closer at the subcategory. Sorry about that! I'll delete my responses.

Badge +2
Hi @alb, Currently, there is no way to export data out of Query Builder. As for limitation of 10 rows, I believe that's the product design but let me come back with a more certain answer on that.

Badge
Hi Al,

QueryBuilder is designed to compare trends of personas and dependent behaviors which is also represented as daily/weekly/monthly aggregartes in the respose so an export will provide the periodic aggregated numbers per row.

You can use inferred location via audience explorer, search it, save as bookmark (to get weekly reports), and export to CSV.

Badge
Hi Mickey, thanks for the reply.

I don't want a list of users. I want a list of accounts. Downloading a CSV and doing spreadsheet work isn't helpful here, I want to share a report with my team that they can look at on-demand to do their jobs.

Query Builder is incredibly close, and it feels like there's an artificial limitation on the rows returned. Even 100 or 1000 rows would be more than enough if there are load concerns. 10 is just not helpful.

Similar to the consolidation of favorite/sharing models I've suggested in another thread, I think a consolidation of general analytics might be helpful too. There are 4 navigation icons I can go to for various types of reporting. Most of them do things very differently than the rest. FIltering is different, data returned is different, each has it's own paradigm. It's just a little awkward, and I find myself bumping into walls here and there.

I have some thoughts I can share in another thread later on... In the mean time, hope there's a way to get the data I'm looking for without manual work on the back end.

Thanks for listening!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@alb Let me know if you’d like me to move your final comment to a new Idea post, to track the feature enhancement request!