Solved

I know certain engagements can, but can the product mapper distinguish an element via the text inside it?

• 4 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Can the product mapper do what tooltip/hotspot engagements can do--target a part of the product by looking at the text inside an element?

I have a bunch of generic buttons and am wondering if there is an alternative to asking dev for some ID tags on them.

(Ultimately, I want clicking the Save button to trigger an engagement.)

Thanks, community!

icon

Best answer by harshibanka 4 September 2019, 19:49

View original

2 replies

Badge +2
Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, this is possible using the "Text Match" Rule which is a feature flag currently and will be GA'ed on 10th Sept'19.

Text match on the feature is recommended to be used as a last option as in 99% of the cases however complex the CSS selector is, it can be mapped using the Tag UI Element Rule. Also, as FYI features created with "Text match" would not be backfilled.

Support of Backfill feature in Product Mapper = URL , Clicks , Custom events Rules

Text match rule is not backfilled, this is because we do not track text on customer's web-app due to privacy and hence this feature usage cannot be back-filled.

This will be true for such other applications.

Great details. thanks Harshi!

A developer added a class for me this time but I'm sure this technique will be handy later on.