Solved

How are "All Users" targeted as audience for engagements?

• 21 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there! Question about audience targeting for engagements: What user attribute is targeted when we select “All Users,” and does this apply across system environments?

We have a situation where an internal user who was helping me test an engagement on Friday was able to see the engagement in our QA environment, but she’s not able to see it in PROD after it was launched this morning (Monday). The only thing I can think is that the same email address is associated with her accounts in both QA and PROD, and since I failed to clear the viewing data after the testing in QA, Gainsight is probably detecting that her email address is associated with an earlier view, and therefore won’t display the engagement to her again, even though it’s in a different environment now and was removed from the QA environment. 

I did not have this problem, and I think it’s because I use a different email address for my PROD account that is not used for any of my QA accounts.

In the future, I can probably avoid this by simply clearing the viewing data collected by testing in QA before launching to PROD, but I just want to confirm that the email address is indeed the culprit, in case there’s some other cause that I need to investigate deeper.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Lisa

icon

Best answer by aharkut 24 March 2022, 09:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @LisaS , thanks for posting this on community. @aharkut  @skalle , can you please solve the riddle for Lisa!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @LisaS ,

1. For your query #1, there is no specific attribute that is targeted when you select “All Users”. The engagement would be shown to everyone who comes to your application and on those environments where it is active on.
  2. For you query #2, I assume that you have used “Only Once” qualification scope for the engagements that was under test. if the engagement is “live” for multiple environments and same “email” is trying to access the product, then once a user has seen the engagement on one of the environments, they will not see the same engagement on the other environments. So yes, Email is the culprit.
  3. What I would suggest is for testing purpose you can filter on specific email addresses and use “once per visit” qualification scope, with this you can view the engagement as many times as you want to conditioned to once in a session. And later on when you are satisfied with the behaviour of the engagement, you may change the qualification scope based on your requirements and launch it for the intended audience.

Thanks,

Abhilash

Thank you so much for your response, Abhilash! This is very helpful. 

Best regards,

Lisa