Solved

"Don't show again" in engagements

• 23 February 2022
  • 7 replies

I configured an engagement to be displayed 5 times, with at least 2 day between views.

But I also want to give the user a way to say “don’t show me again” as early as the first time they see it.

This doesn’t seem possible in the “Schedule” section of the engagement, but is this achievable in any way with other settings/configurations?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by aharkut 23 February 2022, 06:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @peppe, Currently we do not have “Dont show me again" option. We will add this to our roadmap. What we are currently working on is a Snooze feature for engagements. Once we get that done, maybe we introduce this option into it later on.

If you want user to be able to do an action like not to show after they have seen it once, why not go with “Only Once” scheduler? I would like to understand this use-case here.

Thanks

Hi @aharkut! Thanks for the quick reply and for considering this feature request.

We do see the value in surfacing the engagement again, in case the user doesn’t have the time to take action right away. So repeating it up to N times is definitely valuable.

But if a user takes action immediately, PX will still continue to show the engagement over and over until N times, which is very annoying to the user. So we need at least a way for them to dismiss it forever.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @peppe , For my understanding would you explain - the action which user takes on the engagement does it imply that the engagement is now completed for the user? If yes, then Interval scheduler marks that cycle as completed and does not repeat the engagement. Post completion of cycle it checks for “On Completion rule” that has been configured.

Documentation on Interval Scheduling can be found here

Thanks

@aharkut it seems that completion is only available for surveys and guides. What about dialogs?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@peppe yes, the completion is only available for Surveys and Guides. For Dialogs, I would propose to create a single slide guide and use it as a Dialog. This will help you place the completion button on the slide. 

That sounds like a good workaround. Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@peppe There is another option, but it depends on your definition of “take action”. if that take action means touching a product feature or going somewhere on the site, add the negative to the logic.

i.e. User has viewed engagements and user HAS NOT touched feature x

If the user has viewed the engagement AND has “taken action” they should not see the engagement again.