I can’t figure out from the documentation exactly how these 3 buttons (Exit, Skip, Snooze) work, in relation to the Audience Rules (In-App Engagement “Completed”) and Qualification Intervals and CTA’s (Links or Custom Buttons)?
- If a user clicks a link (CTA), does that mark the guide as completed? My understanding is “No”.
- If a user clicks a custom button and that custom button closes the guide, is the engagement marked as completed?
- What is the difference between Skip and Snooze?
- If a user “Skips” is the guide marked as completed? If not, do the intervals still apply?
- If the user snoozes, I would assume the intervals apply and the guide is only marked as “viewed”?
Thanks for anyone that can help clarify!
Hey Everyone! Here are the answers from our Product Team but I have also requested us to create some better documentation around this
If an engagement is snoozed is it counted as a view but not a completion?
We will look at fixing this that a Snoozed engagement at that is not to be considered as Complete in that interaction.
Do we have reporting on the number of users who have snoozed?
How does it work with throttling and priority if using the only once qualification scope?
What is the difference between the skip tour button and the snooze button when on an interval scope?
If a user will not meet the qualification scope again after they have snoozed it, will the engagement just not reappear? ie, if an engagement is set for 'all users who have used x feature less than 1 time', will the users not see this engagement again since they're no longer qualifying for it?
If an engagement is paused before a user is able to see the engagement after snoozing it, will the user still see this engagement?
Also just FYI this is currently Planned in our Roadmap (no firm date)
The only thing that is still outstanding in my mind is if snooze and close (the upper-right “X”) are functionally the same (except for the tracking of snooze that you mentioned)? If we have the engagement set for the user to view 3 times with at least 7 days between views, they’ll only qualify to see it 3 times total, regardless of whether they click snooze, correct?