Solved

Clarification on engagement scheduling

• 20 September 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi all,

I thought I understood the engagement scheduling, but based on user feedback, I think I have it wrong.

What I want is to show an NPS survey to a segment of customers and if they close the survey, I want to show it to them again in 3 weeks (snooze), until either they respond or the engagement period ends. But I don't think that's what I have here!

Can someone please straighten me out?

Thanks,

Matt

icon

Best answer by mickey 23 September 2019, 23:55

View original

8 replies

Hey Matt,

To create an engagement that is sensitive to whether someone interacted with it or not, you need to use an Audience "rule" to make that part happen.

Hi Matt,

Could you clarify exactly what the user feedback you received was?

Are users who completed the survey receiving the follow-up engagement? Are users who did NOT complete the survey not receive the follow-up 3 weeks later?

For your knowledge, here is an example of what "Show Attempts" mean taken from our documentation:

"In Qualification Scope, what would “Show 3 times every 2 months mean”?

If the Audience Criteria is met, Show/Attempt Once every 2 months for up to 3 times 'if' engagement is 'not completed' and then stop/die. Will not show a 2nd or third time 'if completed' on 1st or 2nd time."

Thanks, Matt!

Feedback was that the user had seen the NPS survey multiple times.

Let me put it in terms of my requirement: how can I show the NPS survey periodically, and control the period, until the user completes it?

Thank you Mike, but can that work if the audience for the NPS is dependent on the NPS itself? Seems somewhat recursive, no?

As I wrote in my other reply to Alex:

Let me put it in terms of my requirement: how can I show the NPS survey periodically, and control the period, until the user completes it?

Badge
Hi Matt,

Based on the scoping rule you shared the NPS will show every 3 weeks from the last show attempt or from the last time the user gave you a score until the engagement end-date is reached.

If you want to collect the NPS only once or limited amount of time and not in a recurring cycle you can add the in-app engagement rule as part of the audience filter and specify the compeletion count.

That should work, this is that "in-app engagement rule as part of the audience filter" that Mickey talks about below. It lets you reference who (your dependent audience) has done what (seen or completed) in relation to the engagement you select in the red outlined box in the screenshot.

Ah--just re-read Alex's message, I see that that alone controls for completion vs viewing--great! One less step sounds like!

Just re-read Mickey's message, now I wonder whether the documentation Alex referenced may be incorrect (especially given your feedback that users keep getting the survey). Maybe it is missing, after this, "Will not show a 2nd or third time 'if completed' on 1st or 2nd time" a statement that "But will display again 2 months later and follow the same pattern"

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@prashant_mathapathi please review Mike’s last comment above for a possible doc update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi all,

I thought I understood the engagement scheduling, but based on user feedback, I think I have it wrong.

What I want is to show an NPS survey to a segment of customers and if they close the survey, I want to show it to them again in 3 weeks (snooze), until either they respond or the engagement period ends. But I don't think that's what I have here!

20190920_104920-52258a15-35d1-454c-adfb-80c1bc3f4a29-472198745.jpg

Can someone please straighten me out?

Thanks,

Matt

@matt 

Configuring Recurring Interval for Surveys is possible now, sharing this here may be useful for you.

To configure this enhancement for Slider, Guide, or Survey engagement:

1. Create a Slider/Guide or a Survey engagement.
  2. Navigate to the Schedule section.
  3. Select Intervals under the Qualification Scope section.

For more information please go through this article
Here is the complete list of posts considered from the community for 6.13(March) release.