Building Advocates for your brand: Getting Reviews!

• 30 May 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge +3
  • Gainsight Employee: Shoshin
  • 4 replies

Picture this: It's Friday night, and after a tiring week at work, you're craving a well-deserved date night. The question arises: Where should you go? If you're anything like me, you instinctively reach for your phone and start Googling reviews of the best restaurants in your vicinity. Ensuring a fantastic dining experience is paramount, and what better way to do so than by seeking recommendations from fellow diners in your area?

Are the considerations for exploring SaaS purchase options truly distinct from deciding where to dine? Well, perhaps there are many differences, particularly when it comes to pricing. Nevertheless, as humans, we have an innate inclination to rely on recommendations from others when making decisions about what to do and where to go. Just as Google and Yelp reviews serve as valuable resources for restaurants, platforms like G2 fulfill a similar role for SaaS organizations.

Having spent my formative years in the restaurant industry and now building my career in customer success for SaaS organizations, I often encounter a recurring question: How can I obtain reviews?

The simplest approach is to ASK! Here at Gainsight, we conduct a Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey with our users every six months. This serves as an excellent method to identify product promoters (hint: these are the individuals who should write you a review). As soon as I receive a notification about a new promoter score, indicating a response of 9 or 10 (for more information on NPS, click here), I promptly reach out to them via email or phone, kindly requesting them to leave us a brief review on G2.

It really is that easy! Don’t let those awesome promoters just sit there, ask them to help you out!

What does your team do to acquire user reviews?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!