Question

Anchor to a picklist in a PX guide?

• 16 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4

Is there a way to enable a user to actually use a picklist in a guide engagement? For example, using the country field:

I want them to be able to click on the arrow, or start typing where it says “Select” to find the country they need.

However, when I anchor to that field, they can type where it says “Select” but the picklist that appears is disabled. 

I have tried adjusting the scope of the anchor and tried changing the settings for the navigation, but can’t get anything to work. I appreciate anyone’s help!

3 replies

Badge +4

Hi @JayS 

I have configured the similar type of dropdown on my end application and have mapped the first tooltip to the dropdown icon as an action of clicking on target element next tooltip is to be shown and the next tooltip is mapped to dropdown menu, considering the search option present under dropdown, overlay is not enabled.
Detailed video on how this is configured: https://share.getcloudapp.com/wbuQP0XqIf your dropdown menu is not similar to the one that is shown in the video, you can raise a ticket to support team at pxsupport@gainsight.com and will pick it from there by looking at the options available for us on your end application and can modify accordingly.

Thanks,

Vinesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Nice work @Vinesh, great video too! Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge

We’re facing the same issue! I wish that we didn’t have to turn off overlays. Or could turn them off for just the necessary steps.