Solved

Allow videos in integrated Help to be displayed in the KC Bot

• 12 April 2021
  • 9 replies

We include videos in our Zendesk Help, which is integrated with the KC Bot. If I got to an article with a video, it says b/c of privacy settings it can’t be viewed. The only way a user can view it is to click Read More at the bottom of the page, which isn’t even viewable, and is also a poor experience.

icon

Best answer by dileepnalla 27 May 2021, 10:34

View original

9 replies

We will investigate with Zendesk on what options we may have to change privacy settings to show/enable the videos to be played.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @molly.phillips,

I have been reviewing this request and would like to let you know that the Gainsight PX KC bot allows videos in integrated help.

I have tested this behavior and looks fine, here is a short video recording that helps you with the issue.

Click here for the video recording (3 mins run time) this video shows that the KC bot allows videos in integrated help.

Coming to the issue you have been facing, I request you to please reach out to us at pxsupport@gainsight.com so that we can help to debug the issue

From the screenshot, you have shared, 

1. Possibility of permissions on the video
  2. Possibility of unsupported format by zendesk (only Vimeo, Youtube, Wista, JWPlayer, Brightcove, loom, Vidyard are supported in zendesk)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @molly.phillips,

I have been reviewing this request and would like to let you know that the Gainsight PX KC bot allows videos in integrated help.

I have tested this behavior and looks fine, here is a short video recording that helps you with the issue.

Click here for the video recording (3 mins run time) this video shows that the KC bot allows videos in integrated help.

Coming to the issue you have been facing, I request you to please reach out to us at pxsupport@gainsight.com so that we can help to debug the issue

From the screenshot, you have shared, 

1. Possibility of permissions on the video
  2. Possibility of unsupported format by zendesk (only Vimeo, Youtube, Wista, JWPlayer, Brightcove, loom, Vidyard are supported in zendesk)

@dileepnalla thank you for sharing this here.

Thank you for your help with this. When you discuss permissions on the video, where would I look for those? We’re using Vimeo right now and will be switching to YouTube in the near future. Are the permissions set there? In Zendesk my articles are set to Visible to = “Everyone”.

Here is the HTML that I’m using Zendesk for the “merge” video:
<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/451291719" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @molly.phillips,

Here is the video recording that helps you to understand where to change the permissions for the video you wanted to display in the KC bot.
https://share.getcloudapp.com/9Zudqyd8

Let us know if you need any further assistance on this, we are happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @molly.phillips,

Here is the video recording that helps you to understand where to change the permissions for the video you wanted to display in the KC bot.
https://share.getcloudapp.com/9Zudqyd8

Let us know if you need any further assistance on this, we are happy to assist you further.

Thanks

@molly.phillips did you get a chance to review my comments, is there anything that we can assist you with related to this community post?

Hi Dileep,

I’ve asked the person who manages our videos to check on this. The only thing I don’t understand is why I can view it in our online Help but I can’t view it in the online Help when it’s inside the KC Bot. Here’s a link to the online Help:
https://help.vertexvis.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500004096222-Video-Merging-files 

Dileep, 

The issue has been resolved. I didn’t know that our video person had been moved the video to YouTube which meant that our Vimeo videos could only be seen by companies he whitelisted. I updated the link to point to the YouTube version and it’s now working. Thank you for your help with this.

-Molly

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Dileep, 

The issue has been resolved. I didn’t know that our video person had been moved the video to YouTube which meant that our Vimeo videos could only be seen by companies he whitelisted. I updated the link to point to the YouTube version and it’s now working. Thank you for your help with this.

-Molly

Glad to hear that things have been sorted now.Please feel free to reachout to us on support tickets for any further assistance at pxsupport@gainsight.com