US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) NEW ZOOM LINK - 09/28/21 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 28 September 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for today’s Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

FIRST, NOTE NEW ZOOM SESSION LINK BELOW (for those that have saved the link on their calendars from the last cycle).

As always, please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/95579728548?pwd=UGRNbnlmK2MrMFJDV3BNRzlTeERwQT09

Meeting ID: 955 7972 8548

Password: 457364

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/a3hcfBNC2

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

hey Scott - I need to validate a JO to make sure folks who received previous email are excluded...

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’m also struggling creating Survey questions with condition al branching

Badge

Hello Scott,

Have a question regarding a JO that I am putting together 

Also a report not filtering the way I expect

Hi Scott!

We’re launching new Gainsight Home tomorrow. I need help applying the Global filter to a report on the summary ribbon. (Attributes are being filtered, but not the report for some reason).

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m getting an error when trying to upload a Person CSV. I may need help with formatting the .csv

Userlevel 2
Badge

In Rules engine, how do I create a filter to include all values within a fiscal year but the only dates I have on my data are the Fiscal Month and Fiscal Quarter?

Userlevel 2
Badge

How does Gainsight authenticate back into SalesForce?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @agammie -- just wrapped up final question and tracking down your Home Global Filter answer - should be pinging you with another response here shortly!

Scott Drost

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Haven’t forgotten you @agammie -- just jinxed myself by saying “oh yeah I’m sure this is easy” and am currently in a full-blown group discussion internally re: why this isn’t cooperating.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

OK, @agammie -- I really hope I worked this out in a way that meets your use case.

Short version: go into the Ribbon in Home Configuration and DELETE the KPI report you added so that you can then add it back in.

When you add it back in, it gives you the opportunity to map the Company GSID from your source report so it will then honor the Global Filters.

I’m not able to find a way into the mapping screen shown in my Step 3 screenshot below for already-added KPI reports - I can only get to it when I add a report to the ribbon.

See the below screenshots - let me know if this fixes you up!  Thanks for the patience!

Step 1:

STEP 2:

STEP 3: 

That did the trick sdrostgainsightcom! Thank you. And just so I know for future knowledge - there’s no way to map it once the report has been added to the ribbon? It’s only when it’s first added that you can map it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

If there is a way to circle back and map it after the fact @agammie , it’s VERY cleverly hidden - more likely it’s just an oversight in our UI design.

Either way, I should be able to confirm tomorrow if it’s a quirk that we have to live with until Product closes that gap, or if there’s a secret password and series of clicks that gets you back there (again, I’m assuming the former!).

I’ll let you know!

Badge +1

Hi - just realized I posted this on the wrong thread. I’ll delete here and post on the right thread now.