US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 9/1/20 - 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 31 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:    Click here to join

Meeting ID: 939 7249 7920

Passcode: F7msaSQ3

Dial-in Numbers:

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

000 800 040 1530 India Toll-free

000 800 050 5050 India Toll-free

855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/acvxgAlEJZ

7 replies

Badge +2

Hi Spencer!  I have a question on Survey 2.0 Administration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

From Joe at Construct Connect: 

• How does the email opened date work in JO? When I test our track, everything seems to work, but when I reference the field for Email Opened Date on the AO Emails object the field is largely un-populated. Not sure why or if maybe Google vs Outlook doesn’t share some information? I am a little worried that as it is not showing Email Opened Date, it may not populate other fields like Undelivered, Unsubscribed, Bounce, etc.
  • Also, I saw notes in GS GO regarding why link tracking is disabled, makes sense. However, it can be very powerful and the JO Analytics page is set up to report on that information. Is there a timeline to make that work? I tried it on our end and just about every link failed after using it.
Badge

How to convert a calculated field to percentage

Hi Spencer, have a question on the best way to pull a specific field from one dataset into a few others. The specific field I want to bring in is the Product Family field from the Opportunity Product data set into the Accounts dataset

** Just got pulled into another meeting that conflicts with your office hours so I may not be able to join today, but if this is a question better answered in the comments thread or through email feel free to reach out. Thank you! **

Badge

Hi Spencer,

We have a need where we’ll need to manually upload a CSV into a custom object. I’d like to know what the best way to go about manually importing this on a periodic basis would be. i.e. which one is better, S3 or just manual upload via data management? 

Thanks!
Kate

Badge

Hi Spencer, 

My org used Survey 1.0 to send out a satisfaction survey but I know the feature will be retiring soon. What are the next steps I need to take to make sure the data is not lost?

Thanks!

Jasmine

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Spencer, have a question on the best way to pull a specific field from one dataset into a few others. The specific field I want to bring in is the Product Family field from the Opportunity Product data set into the Accounts dataset

** Just got pulled into another meeting that conflicts with your office hours so I may not be able to join today, but if this is a question better answered in the comments thread or through email feel free to reach out. Thank you! **

Hi @lourlinlara - This is a great case for Data Designer:
 https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/View_More_Categories/Data_Designer/About/Data_Designer_(BETA)_Overview

You’ll be able to join opportunity products with whatever you need from the Account object.