US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 3/3/20 1 p.m. PST - Pre-session Thread

• 2 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hello everyone! This thread is for our Tuesday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held Tuesday, March 3, 2020. Submit your questions below as replies to this post, and we'll address them during our session at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

There is no need to register for the sessions. If you have a question, please post below or join the meeting. I will go in order of posts below or joining the session. Thanks!

Conference Details (GoTo Meeting):

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Good morning Spencer! Is this meant to be for 3/3 (Tuesday) or today (3/2, Monday)? 

In either event I’d like your help with some Journey Orchestrator config I’m working on. I’m designing our first to-be-live program, and I’d like to know how I can validate the contact list I’ve created via query builder. I’d also like to get info on the Standard Field Mapping portion of the Mapping Participant Sources section in the config - do I need to fill all of these out, or can some of these remain blank? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Spencer,

I wrote to Scott last week, as I was learning that office hours were canceled on Thursday.

We deleted tags from the tags picklist but some of these deleted tags are still in Customer info (as values attached to accounts). So when the Company job runs, I get errors and those accounts records are not updated and by extension, all the other objects that look-up into it.

I was hoping that GS Support could help us remove these values...

But they are suggesting one solution (case #98218) that I think would cause other troubles (adding the old tags to the picklist, run the rule, delete old tags from accounts and delete tags from picklist. The last time we deleted tags from pick list we had some troubles). Maybe we did it wrong. Anyhow, I was hoping that you could walk we through how we can solve this problem.

ps: I would ask Prashant but he is away for a few weeks.

Thanks!
Lyne

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Good morning Spencer! Is this meant to be for 3/3 (Tuesday) or today (3/2, Monday)? 

In either event I’d like your help with some Journey Orchestrator config I’m working on. I’m designing our first to-be-live program, and I’d like to know how I can validate the contact list I’ve created via query builder. I’d also like to get info on the Standard Field Mapping portion of the Mapping Participant Sources section in the config - do I need to fill all of these out, or can some of these remain blank? 

I’m sorry about that. Meant to say Tuesday, 3/3. @TMaier 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Discuss approach on cleaning up duplicate User object records in our org.

Hey Spencer,

We are running into an issue where users are entering future dated timeline entries which is throwing off customer touchpoint reporting.  From my understanding SFDC validations will not display a user friendly error to the end user.  Is there any other way to add restrictions to GS fields such as disabling selecting a future date or generating a cleaner error message?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Spencer, I’ll need to push this conversation to the Thursday call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Spencer, I’ll need to push this conversation to the Thursday call.

@jeremy_johnston Thanks for letting me know. Here’s the Thursday thread: https://community.gainsight.com/events-office-hours-8/us-admin-office-hours-thursday-session-03-05-20-11-a-m-pt-pre-session-thread-37698