US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 12/3/19 1 p.m. PST - Pre-session Thread

• 2 December 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hello everyone! This thread is for our Tuesday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2019. Submit your questions below as replies to this post, and we'll address them during our session at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

There is no need to register for the sessions. If you have a question, please post below or join the meeting. I will go in order of posts below or joining the session. Thanks!

Conference Details (GoTo Meeting):

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

7 replies

Hi there, 

I’ve read the release notes and am in the process of testing the new healthscore-timeline feature that was indicated in the november release. Have some questions on this functionality. https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Release_Notes/Current_Release_Notes/Release_Notes_Version_6.8_November_2019

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Spencer,

I’m testing out creating Quick Insights for Sally via Slack and need your guidance on how/if I can narrow down my underlying report so that it can be useful to the Slack user making the Quick Insight call.

For example, we want to configure a ‘Customer Asset’ Quick Insight that returns a list of products purchased by client (Account).  Unlike a standard Sally call ‘show me Summary for <<Account Name»’ I can only call the full report via Quick Insight.  While it has all the data I want, I don’t see a way to specify that I want the results for only 1 specific Account.  

Thx.

JJ 

Badge +2

Hi Spencer, 

I would like help with data hygiene for our Account Team Members. Specifically, I’d like help making a report that shows where we are missing account team members on active relationships in gainsight. I already made a report that does this but realized it’s only reflecting what’s in the MDA and not capturing when account team members are deleted in sfdc, so I’m thinking maybe a join in data designer? Or maybe you have a better suggestion?

Thanks!

Hi Spencer,

I have a general quick question on what can be displayed in the Objective CTA details and how it can be displayed. Currently there is a field for “associated contacts” where you can choose more than 1 contact on the account. Since this is pulling from the SF contact record, we were wondering if it was possible to also display additional data relative to each contact, and if so how does that appear?

For example let’s say for an  objective CTA, the associated contacts added are “John Smith” and “Jane Doe.” John Smith in SF has the title of  “CFO” of the account, and Jane Doe is the “CMO.” In SF contact record- John’s relationship status is “neutral” and Jane is “positive.” Can we display this information (Title) and (Relationship status) with their Names in Gainsight’s CTA layout, if these fields are on the contact record in SF? And if they can be displayed how the additional data be displayed?

Badge +4

Hi Spencer, 

According to the recent release notes, we are now able to connect Tableau to Gainsight using the web data connector. I am having bad connection error. Do you know if we need to setup SFDC/Gainsight from the back end? or is this a Tableau issue?  

Badge

Hi Spencer,

We have a report in SFDC that calculates a cs rep’s net retention month to month that we want to bring into Gainsight. All the fields are stored in a SFDC object, and the net retention calculation 1+((Current MRR - SoM MRR))/SoM MRR is a formula created within the SF report itself.

I’ve been trying to replicate this in GS by bringing the object into data designer and then creating a calculated field. However, it doesn’t seem to like it when I attempt to free text the formula, it only allows for selecting predefined functions or fields. Wondering if there is another way I can go about this, or user error on my part on using the formula editor

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Spencer,

I have a general quick question on what can be displayed in the Objective CTA details and how it can be displayed. Currently there is a field for “associated contacts” where you can choose more than 1 contact on the account. Since this is pulling from the SF contact record, we were wondering if it was possible to also display additional data relative to each contact, and if so how does that appear?

For example let’s say for an  objective CTA, the associated contacts added are “John Smith” and “Jane Doe.” John Smith in SF has the title of  “CFO” of the account, and Jane Doe is the “CMO.” In SF contact record- John’s relationship status is “neutral” and Jane is “positive.” Can we display this information (Title) and (Relationship status) with their Names in Gainsight’s CTA layout, if these fields are on the contact record in SF? And if they can be displayed how the additional data be displayed?

Hi Shiela, as mentioned on our call, this would be a good fit for linked objects 
https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Cockpit_and_Playbooks/Admin_Guides/Configure_CTA_Linked_Objects