US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 11/30/21 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 29 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

Welcome back from the Thanksgiving hiatus - I am back and look forward to getting back in the Office Hours groove this week!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Thank you and see you soon!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/95579728548?pwd=UGRNbnlmK2MrMFJDV3BNRzlTeERwQT09

Meeting ID: 955 7972 8548

Password: 457364

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/a3hcfBNC2

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Scott,

I’m trying to create sharing rules but can’t get them to work as intended. I have 2 fields Region and Centrally Managed Region I’m basing the data permissions on. Below are my use cases.

• Customer A 
    • Region = NA and Centrally Managed Region = EMEA
      • In this scenario a user in NA should not see this account but a user in EMEA should see it.
  • Customer B 
    • Region = NA and Centrally Managed Region = NULL
      • Only NA should see the account.
  • Customer C 
    • Region = NA and Centrally Managed Region = NA
      • Only NA should see the account
  • Customer D
    • Region = EMEA and Centrally Managed Region = NA
      • Only NA should see this account and should not pull in the EMEA account list.

I’ve tried several combinations and my results are either I can only see the centrally managed region accounts even if region is populated the same like in Customer C. I can see all accounts in the region even when I have Customer D scenario. I can’t see any accounts. I’m guessing I’m having an issue with my and/or rule logic.

Thank you!

-Jen

Badge

Hi Scott, have a question about making an existing Boolean filed that we currently manually updating automatic.  

Hey Scott - I’ve created a low volume object and linked to the Company object. I’ve added this to the C360 layout, but cannot make the fields editable. I need some assistance figuring out how to edit this object from the C360. Thanks!

Badge +1

Hi Scott - I’ve created my “queue” using a fake user (CSM I Pool) and various cockpit views to show the specific CTA types that are up for grabs. The workflow is then to have the CSM claim ownership of the CTA to signify that they are working on it. 

I am now trying to figure out the best way to track the movement of CTAs by type from the pooled user to the individual user, so that we can track:

• how many CTAs are being claimed
  • which types of CTAs are being claimed (currently using playbooks to identify the “type” since there are several types of risk CTAs)
  • who is claiming the CTAs

Looking forward to talking through this later today!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Scott,

I’m trying to create sharing rules but can’t get them to work as intended. I have 2 fields Region and Centrally Managed Region I’m basing the data permissions on. Below are my use cases.

• Customer A 
    • Region = NA and Centrally Managed Region = EMEA
      • In this scenario a user in NA should not see this account but a user in EMEA should see it.
  • Customer B 
    • Region = NA and Centrally Managed Region = NULL
      • Only NA should see the account.
  • Customer C 
    • Region = NA and Centrally Managed Region = NA
      • Only NA should see the account
  • Customer D
    • Region = EMEA and Centrally Managed Region = NA
      • Only NA should see this account and should not pull in the EMEA account list.

I’ve tried several combinations and my results are either I can only see the centrally managed region accounts even if region is populated the same like in Customer C. I can see all accounts in the region even when I have Customer D scenario. I can’t see any accounts. I’m guessing I’m having an issue with my and/or rule logic.

Thank you!

-Jen

@sdrostgainsightcom Hi Scott, Let me know what you find out internally. I did more testing and I do think the NULL value is what is causing the issue so not sure if I should go ahead with the rules engine workaround.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@sdrostgainsightcom Will you have office hours this Thursday? I have questions about surveys and Programs again… Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

There will indeed be office hours tomorrow @lyne_therien !

Just started the new thread for it here so go ahead and post the question there and I will see you tomorrow!