US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 1/7/20 1 p.m. PST - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hello everyone! This thread is for our Tuesday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2020. Submit your questions below as replies to this post, and we'll address them during our session at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

There is no need to register for the sessions. If you have a question, please post below or join the meeting. I will go in order of posts below or joining the session. Thanks!

Conference Details (GoTo Meeting):

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

10 replies

Badge

Question: how can I capture historical changes for relationship attributes? is it possible to capture  previous field, change date, current field 

Badge +2

Hi Spencer, Happy New Year!

I have a question on displaying data on R-360. I have a report on R360 but it’s showing survey data for the whole account, not just for that relationship, but I want to know how to show just for that relationship. 

Thank you

Badge

Hi,

I have a rule that fetches data from the Activity ID MDA and creates a CTA. I would like to set the CTA owner to be the Activity Submitter.

i.e. Owner Field = Activity ID → User Name

Currently, the Owner Field only allows me to pull data at the Account Level. As the Activity Owner is different from the CSM listed on the Account Page, what might be the best way of configuring the rule?

Badge

I have a rule that loads data to a Gainsight MDA if a string matches. I’m finding that at times, there is a case sensitivity issue. Is it possible to have Gainsight ignore case sensitivity in this case?

ex.

Testing1234 not matching to testing1234

I have a pie chart report that shows our clients’ health scores (red, yellow, green, NA). For some reason there are 7 accounts showing up as “NA” when in reality, they all have RYG scores. Do you know why this could be happening?

Badge +1

Hi Spencer - I’m looking to review a rule I have set up where I’m trying to set a score based on the CSM entering a variety of different timeline entry types. It doesn’t seem to be lining up as expected so looking to bounce it off you!

Badge

Hi @spencer_engel , 

I hope you’re doing well. I wanted to follow-up on the max character limit  for the embedded short text comments. 

Please see screenshot below:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @spencer_engel , 

I hope you’re doing well. I wanted to follow-up on the max character limit  for the embedded short text comments. 

Please see screenshot below:

Sure thing! Just got an answer this morning. It’s 4,000 characters. @jaw 

Badge

Question: how can I capture historical changes for relationship attributes? is it possible to capture  previous field, change date, current field 

@spencer_engel  We were able to turn on field tracking history for the fields we wanted to track on the GS Relationship. How do we translate that into reporting in Gainsight?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@spencer_engel  We were able to turn on field tracking history for the fields we wanted to track on the GS Relationship. How do we translate that into reporting in Gainsight?

@tony_tao Are you able to make it to office hours tomorrow at 1 p.m. PST? If so, please post your question here, and we’ll address it then over screenshare if you’d like.
 https://community.gainsight.com/events-office-hours-8/us-admin-office-hours-tuesday-session-1-28-20-1-p-m-pst-pre-session-thread-37425

It’s a little confusing to try to explain here, but you’ll want to find “Change Event::GS relationship” in report builder and start there. https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.change_data_capture.meta/change_data_capture/cdc_object_support.htm