US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 06/23/20 - 1 p.m.. PT - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our weekly Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting

ID: 93972497920
Password: F7msaSQ3

‪(US) +1 877-853-5257‬

‪(IN) +91 0008000401530‬

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We are creating modular playbooks and all of them start with 2 or 3 of the same tasks. We would like to create one CTA with these tasks (assess situation) and then decide which CTA we should fire based on that assessment. Not all possible CTA/Playbooks will be fired, only the ones associated with a close task.

For example: one task could be called “Perform workspace audit” and when closed, we fire that specific CTA/Playbook. Another task could be called “Implement Access Policies”. we have about 5 scenarios, which would mean we would have 5 different tasks that could be closed and 5 different CTAs/Playbook would fire.

Is that possible and how?

Or maybe someone has a different way of implementing such a use case...

Badge +2

Hi Scott! I have a question on best practice recommendations for the Person Model. How do can we automate setup of relationship persons? Our contacts in sfdc already have a relationship tag. Also beyond setup for existing records, how can we automate maintenance and prevent dupes? What object should be the source of truth? Thanks!

Badge +1

Hey Scott, my S3 dataset fetches are failing and there is no execution history result from the task, so I can’t tell what’s wrong. 

Thanks!

Badge

Hi,

We are rolling out scorecards this summer and intend to allow CSMs to perform an override using Timeline. We would also like to automate an override process when a Client Executive changes the Likelihood to Renew field in SalesForce at the opportunity level. As Gainsight provides flexibility in configuration, we’re evaluating the logistics of having separate override processes and if they can/should be combined. I’d like to get your thoughts on the options below:

Separate processes

• CSMs use Timeline → a rule runs to change the score
  • CE’s use SFDC → a rule runs to change the score

*Concern is how Gainsight would handle two different override scenarios

Combined processes

• CSMs use Timeline → a rule runs to change the score
  • CE’s use SFDC → an entry is logged in Timeline → a rule runs to change the score

Pro: The same workflow/format can be utilized to trigger the override. Any other benefits?

Con: It is still possible to have 2 distinct scenarios triggering an override

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

This is MIla and we are having issues with JO

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Another question. Can we set a rule to fire when an event in sf.com happens? Like the closing of a new customer? How can we do this? Thanks!

Badge

Need help troubleshooting a rule that creates CTAs. Thanks!

Badge +2

@sdrostgainsightcom I’ll be 15-20 min late, hope that’s ok. Thanks!

Badge +1

@sdrostgainsightcom  - we’re in Spencer’s room FYI 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello All - 

So sorry about the delay in starting - was stuck offline briefly - getting on the Zoom call now and I will leave it open for anybody who wants to join in the next 45 minutes - thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello all - 

Thank you for your patience waiting for me to get the session up and running today - we covered a lot of useful ground, however, particularly in discussing how the Person/Company Person/Relationship Person model works - this will be important for ALL Gainsight adminw, whether on SFDC Edition or already on the NXT platform.

If you’d like to review parts (or all) of the discussion today, the link to the recording is below - thank you again and we’ll talk soon I’m sure!

https://app.gong.io/e/c-share/?tkn=3azkfxus42ch1ngfs5ch528iw

Badge +2

Hi @sdrostgainsightcom thanks so much for posting the recording! Just following up, do we have an answer on Relationship Person job availability in Connectors 2.0?