US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 10/22/20 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 21 October 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey Scott - we need help with a report - 

how to report on a group who has a 90-day "anniversary" of a fixed date (like Original Contract Date) sometime during the week that follows.

Hi there Scott,

In C360 Layout (Contacts) is there a way to configure so that it doesn’t create the impression that the business users think they are creating/editing contacts? All of our GS contacts are fed from SFDC and all contacts maintenance also reside in SFDC

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey Scott.  There are easy ways for participants to opt-out of emails but not an easy way for them to opt back in.  Is there a way for participants to manage email preferences without receiving an email? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Can you help me access our S3 bucket

Badge +2

Hi Scott, I need to configure import of a new type of usage data. The data is in our S3 bucket. It looks like from the documentation it’s best to use the connector (not the rules engine)? I’m hoping you can take a look just to make sure I have it set up correctly. I’m concerned about setting it up incorrectly and corrupting the data. I already have the custom object in the mda ready to go. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @ml2019 -- if you are already using the Gainsight S3 bucket (the one that’s provided with Gainsight) and loading in data from the rules engine, then you are all set - create a new rule for loading the new data set.

The S3 Connector in Connectors 2.0 is for connecting to OTHER S3 buckets your org may be using -- and even then, when you create the connection, the rules engine is the recommended method for ingesting data.

If you are reading the documentation about setting up S3 Jobs from the “Connectors” screen, that’s legacy functionality - Rules Engine is much more flexible and intuitive to use, as well as being easier to test before loading data.

Hope that helps - on my side, I’m opening an internal request to re-vamp the search results and linkage in our documentation for SFDC Edition to steer away from the S3 Connector articles based on the old connector and steer toward using Rules Engine.

Talk with you shortly if there are any follow-up questions!

Badge +2

@sdrostgainsightcom I’m really glad you replied before I invested the time in this! Could be entirely my fault and I misread  the directions, I appreciate your clarification. Yes I’ve already got rules querying this data from our Gainsight S3 bucket, so I will move forward with that to load to the custom object. Thank you for saving me a ton of time!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Sure thing - and not your fault - I just screenshotted search results and clickthrough flow for “S3” in our documentation and posted it to the Docs team - we need to flip around what articles surface to the top, and most important, in the FAQ’s for S3, link to the Rules for S3 docs rather than the old ones.

I had a feeling that the faster I answered, the better chance I had of saving you some time @ml2019 !

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

403 forbidden accessing AE Usage in C360

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Felix -- quick follow up on the Persons section of the C360.

Currently, there’s no way to block the ability for users to create new Company Persons on that section - I’ve got a question into the product manager asking if this is on the near-term roadmap and I’ll let you know when I hear back (likely tomorrow).

As an option, you can create a report of all the Company Persons (just a tabular report that matches the columns you have for Persons list on your Persons section), turn off the Company Persons section that comes with Gainsight, and add a regular “Related List” section to the C360 that has the report you created.

The down side is that you lose that “slideout” detail section that you can add all the fields to rather than having a table with 15 columns on it, as well as losing the ability to let the users Edit selected fields on existing Persons.

Just wanted to give you the details - see my screenshot below - and I’ll let you know what I hear back from Product.

Scott

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Haven’t forgotten you, @travis_floyd  - wasn’t able to find an “instant” answer that I was overlooking during the session today, so I still recommend opening a ticket.

That said, it’s also worth asking the user who received that message to refresh their session - if they’ve been sitting on a C360 for a long time and then went to the Usage section, it may have just been a time-out.

If all your end users are getting that message, though, definitely open the ticket up-  and if I hear anything back in response to my internal question in the meantime, I’ll let you know!

Scott Drost

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

For @ml2019 -- there’s some information re: Adoption Explorer here on Community:

as well as a free 11-min video intro on Gainisght University:

https://education.gainsight.com/adoption-explorer-training

Hope that helps you dig in a little bit for your new usage data as you work on the TAM availability, etc.

Scott

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Quick note on Friday afternoon for @jenniferpa and others who were interested in ways to allow users to refine their Opt Out status after the fact:

Victoria forwarded me the info she already had from our Support and Product teams, but the deep-dive into the info, and some follow-up with product, means it will be Monday before I can get current information back to you.

Just wanted to assure you I hadn’t forgotten about it - have a good weekend, all!

Scott Drost