US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 09/10/20 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 9 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

4 replies

Badge

Questions 1: S3 load failures in rule 

Questions 2: Fields not showing up in final results 

Question 3. How to edit relationship person email

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

What is the best way to identify accounts with one subscription?

Long Story:

We don’t want accounts with subscriptions to ONLY specific products to count against usage-based CTAs (because usage is not available for those products). So if it is a product mix, its okay, but if they are only subscribed to specific products then we would not want to factor that subscription/account into certain CTA’s triggers. 

I am having trouble identifying the best way to go about doing this. 

Path Forward - Write a rule that gets a count of each subscription (by account) and look for the products if the result is 1. Don’t include those in the usage-based rule OR I could write the count of subscriptions to a new custom field called Count of Active Subscriptions? Or further, optimize to factor count against products to write to a field called Product Usage Opt Out? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Posting a quick note here for @Ricardogs18 in response to your Sally question near the end of our session.

I believe that the feature “Quick Insights” might be what you are looking for - it allows you to create a Gainsight Report, then enable that report in “Quick Insights” menus in Gainsight Admin so that users can access it.

I haven’t had much experience with it yet - I will do some testing on my side next week, but the documentation for setting it up is here:

Sally Quick Insights Overview

And this article has links to the more details Config documentation, etc. - hope that works out!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

For anybody wanting to review anything from today’s call - focused mainly on Rules to ingest data from S3 bucket, and Rules that are used to classify all customers in your Company table based on whether or not there is data in another object related to each company.

Thank you for joining today!

Office Hours Session Thurs 10Sept20