US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 08/26/21 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 25 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

7 replies

Hello!

Hoping for some help with a Program in Journey Orchestrator. It appears we have it setup correctly but is not filtering. Thanks!

Badge +3

Thanks @sdrostgainsightcom  - extremely helpful.  As follow up - I was hoping to find a best practice to end a one-way outreach but continue to monitor Customer click throughs to our Chili Piper links within the JO Email.  Also - we have 3 links, all tagged - I am hoping to get visibility of metrics about individual links within the same email - not combined for the email.  You recommended AO Participant [Activity/Click/Link] might have what we are looking for.  Thanks so much for your help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @waynedilworth - glad that the process of figuring out what I know and what I don’t know as we explored options was useful!  

Posting the questions internally now - I will post back here when I hear back - most likely, on the “continue listening” question for configuring the JO after the 2nd email, it’ll be either tomorrow or Monday since there will be some back and forth with Product Engineers.

Hopefully I can find the link analytics info for you later today (as I said - I know there’s been internal discussion about the fact that it isn’t easy to string the info together - just have to find it to get the details to you) - but definitely tomorrow if I can’t.

Best,

Scott

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hah - and a quick search in Community here pointed me toward a tutorial on what you need to do to set up tracking on individual different links in the same email:

The good news is that it is do-abe -- the bad news is that since one of my colleagues developed out this tutorial, it suggests that there still isn’t an option in-product for tracking activity on different links in the same email.

I will dig further internally, but since there was an answer available for this particular issue at least, wanted to pass it along promptly.

FYI @waynedilworth 

And a final note on the above after some further reading @waynedilworth  -- as currently set up, I suspect that your JO Program will actually advance no matter which link the recipients click unless you’ve already set up the Calculated Field that tracks the specific link in question.

Critical to note via the linked article in this post that you have to use the Calculated Field setup to narrow your Conditional Wait to only that link, vs. any link in the email body.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @waynedilworth -- another followup - this time on solving your “ensure that link clicks are “listened” for even after the reminder email is sent, but without sending another” use case.

I have the question into Product of “how long do we listen for Participant activity - specifically link clicks - after a Participant completes a Program Journey - or does the listening stop when the Participant status is “Completed?”.

Since this may be a more complicated question than it looks like, we’ll havve to wait until at least Monday for an answer, I suspect.  In the meantime, here’s a workaround setup so you use Conditional Wait without triggering an email to anybody (just had to sleep on it for the obvious answer to hit).

See my screenshots below:

1. You WILL have to set a conditional wait for the amount of time you want to ‘listen’ - and as noted during Office Hours, you’ll have to add an email or other action.
    1. I like your suggestion of an email to yourself -- even though no emails should be sent, it’s a “safety valve” in case a participant manages to advance.
  2. Make the Condition an impossible criteria to meet so that every participant sits there for the selected # of days before exiting the Journey via the “Condition Not Met” path to End Outreach
    1. I made my condition “Participant Email Address is NULL” -- impossible because any participant that has advanced past the 2nd email has an email address.

Let me know if you have questions, but this should solve your need regardless of the answer from Product!

Best,

Scott

Screenshot #1 - the Program:

Screenshot #2 - the actual Conditional Wait setup:

Badge +3

Thank you, @sdrostgainsightcom - I finally got a chance to revisit this to think about it.  We have another campaign we are putting together soon - so this is very helpful and timely.  Thanks again!

Badge +3

@sdrostgainsightcom just a quick update - I’ve used this strategy (safety valve with condition impossible to meet) on a few outreaches recently.  It seems to be working as designed.  Watches for clicks and opens then moves to end out reach after the conditional wait timer ends.  Thank you!