US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 08/19/21 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 19 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for today’s Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott - I am having issues combining CTAs and their timeline entries in my data designer

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

HI Scott - I can’t mass edit the priority of my CTAs...the option is greyed out - I added entity type and it worked :-)

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott, 

I followed instructions to set-up associated records to timeline. I’m interested in associating Companies, CTAs and cases.

https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Timeline/Admin_Guides/Configuration_of_Associated_Records_to_Timeline

The only one that was set-up was Companies. and I cannot see how to add CTAs and Cases.

We’re on the sf.com  edition. Can we review my settings during office hours?

thanks!

Lyne

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

hi Scott - I’m strugg;ing setting up the integration tot timeline activities

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @lyne_therien  -- 

Unfortunately, you dove into enabling the feature before the documentation team made the correction to the SFDC Edition article you cite above (should be updated by Monday).

Although it is mentioned lower down in the article, the Overview section at the top mentions CTAs in error, since in SFDC Edition, CTA’s cannot be associated due to the fact that CTAs reside in an SFDC Object, not an MDA object.

Also worth noting is that Cases refers to the MDA System Cases object that is enabled if you are using Zendesk Connector in Gainsight.

The overview should read something along the lines of this: 

The Associated Records feature helps admins to associate a Timeline activity with more than one Company or Relationship record - and if the Zendesk Connector is enabled in your org, Gainsight Cases as well.

Apologies for the documentation error - it will be fixed!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Ah!… that makes sense now… Thanks Scott!

@kraig Please see Scott’s response above. We won’t be able to associate CTAs until we move to the NXT platform.