US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 07/21/22 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

7 replies

Badge

Hi Scott, 

I have couple of questions one regarding a transformation in DD and one about populating a new field on Company with a new value from SFDC. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I hope you are feeling better 🙂.  This is from Tuesday’s thread.  We have a Related Account custom MDA that holds all our accounts.  Accounts are designated as either a Company or added to a Relationship associated to a Company based on 2 ownership fields in SF.  When this hierarchy changes usually due to a divestiture, the Related Account’s association is moved to a new company and relationship by changing the ownership fields in SF.   The association changes, but the contacts do not follow.  We have a rule that sets the contact to Inactive when the Related Account moves out of the hierarchy.  That works correctly. 

The problem is that I need the contact to then be associated with the new Company and Relationship.  How do I make that happen?  One option seems to be to delete the Company Person record in Data Management, but will that accomplish what I need?   What other ramifications are associated with deleting the record?  Are past Timeline entries or JO records in a cascade effect?   What other options are there to address this problem?  

I also need help with a company merge situation.  

Thanks,

Rhonda

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Scott - 

This is a follow-up on the Direct/Indirect contact to person process we talked about a few weeks ago (if you recall). I’ve built out the rule but would like another pair of eyeballs if you don’t mind. FYI @kelly 

Thanks.

Badge

Hey Scott - I have a question about a CSM introduction email I want to send. Also, curious if I can build a mass edit report for assigning CSMs.

I will be joining the call at 11:30 PT.

Hey scott, have an issue w/ syncing my email on J.O for testing not sure what’s going on 

Badge +1

Hi Scott,

Two questions today:

1. There are several date fields within GS which also display time (HH:MM). One example is in the Success Plan object - Start Date. We don’t really see value in having time in this field, but I can’t find where I can remove this element to where we are just showing MM/DD/YYYY.
  2. JO Program: CSV Import - I’ve received a CSV from marketing on client contacts we want to target for our NPS program. The file needs to be put into the correct format still, but I’m assuming that once I’ve added the file (and merged it with a couple of other data sets) that I can then map SFIDs for the contacts further on in the Participant configuration modal. Are my assumptions here correct? I mainly wanted to check prior to digging in and doing it. There seems to be very limited documentation on the CSV import function in JO.

Thanks!

Badge +2

Hey Scott - I have a question about a CSM introduction email I want to send. Also, curious if I can build a mass edit report for assigning CSMs.

I will be joining the call at 11:30 PT.

Curious if you got a resolution on this?